ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf MK5 Gti appreciation.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely love these cars. I had a MK5 TDi before the 182 and a GTi will definitely be my next car. They look awesome as standard, and also modded (if done correctly). I love all the different styles.

A few of my favourites:

DSC01490.gif

l_31eacc591dacaed23cb545e311f61948.gif

hrgti4.jpg

eurp_0705_01_z2006_volkswagen_gtifr.gif

batdelfuego203.gif

P1-13.jpg

5076821786_d362e95ab7_b.jpg

:eek:

M2 Competition
I miss my old one. Hated it at the time, but i dont think i really appreciated how good it was. Cracking car.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Can look awsome with a slight drop aand a set of nice rims.They dont look so good when there broken though...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice looking, fairly reliable, good engine.

Still cant help but think it wont be 'fun' to drive. Bet a 130 is more fun. But I'm just guessing tbh, after my only experience of a 'large' fwd modern hot hatch (250) I have doubts about them. Great to look good, and impress(ish) around town, and good as a motorway car, but no good when you just want to proper enjoy yourself on a good driving road (see how i avoided saying that word there :rasp:).

Hopefully get a ride in one on Sunday, may change my mind ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
not to bad imo i really aint a vw fan but a mates drove well thats about all i can say really did nothing for me and i certainly would never own one let alone spend 14k on one lol

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
modded they are delightful, standard crappy spec'd ones do nothing for me, the rear bumper is f**king awful with the shitey black plastic piece in it.
Garbage!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
modded they are delightful, standard crappy spec'd ones do nothing for me, the rear bumper is f**king awful with the shitey black plastic piece in it.
Garbage!

If i were to get one id have the rear bumper CC'd, as you say looks a bit tonka toy like as standard

Italian 3.2 V6
So since these cars a boring out the box.. Is this transformed once on decent coilovers? Or does it take alot more work than just coilovers to make these fun to drive?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So since these cars a boring out the box.. Is this transformed once on decent coilovers? Or does it take alot more work than just coilovers to make these fun to drive?
How exactly are they boring out of the box?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just going off what i have herd, not driven one personally..
From some sheep?? ;)

Seriously, great cars. They do the everyday stuff so well, but still good to drive when you push hard. More fun than a standard 197 imo.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Which is better to drive then? R32 or GTI?

They are nice looking cars!
Worms, can of......

The GTi feels more nimble, lighter.

The R32 sounds massively better, feels more 'solid' when driving.

I prefer the GTi.

Italian 3.2 V6
I think I'd be happy with either... Would like to drive both them someday.

f**king love the black R32 (second pic down in post 5) stunning!

Hopefully get a ride in one on Sunday, may change my mind ;)

Mike you can defo have a ride on Sunday...

I've had mine about a month now. I find some of the comments in the thread so far are kinda true. Mine is standard at the min, its such a nicer place to be than the 182, quiet, comfey and when the turbo comes in the torque is quality :)

In a straight line, upto about 40-50 mph the 182 would have it I think (compared to my old 182) but when you get into 3rd and 4th around 50mph upwards the turbo kicks in and its just endless pull...

Round corners though, its no-where near a clio sport, although the budget tyres it came with arnt helping corning lol

Mine as it stands ( Colour-coding is less than a month away now :cool: )

DSCN0273.jpg

This is the look I am going for... :)

dsc03614edit.jpg

Matt.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I love when folk move on from the 182, the 182 ultimatley becomes void of anything other than mediorce.

The good thing is however, they always go, but they always come back. Always.