ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone French Again!

Swift Sport
Not much to report so far, other than I hit a pothole which caused a chain of events but hopefully I'm all sorted for the time being.

Private reg makes a return...

16446320050_3c37c40f6d_c.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Always had a soft spot for these, very nearly bought one. I just can't justify the fuel costs over my current daily.

Swift Sport
I'm impressed with the economy considering the performance... I don't drive like a granny and still manage to keep it in the 30's MPG-wise.

Swift Sport
Well I haven't actually done much at the car other than some Brembo discs and Mintex 1144 pads, along with a set of RS-R's. Once they were scrubbed-in nicely I headed here...

17535761903_66728f2ca3_c.jpg

17535744903_13487ea73b_c.jpg

I managed a 9:15 BTG lap which I'm pretty contented with considering the amount of traffic and my lack of experience on the track. I drove with the intention of getting the car home in one piece!

Swift Sport
Honestly mate, if you can buy one and not have any reliability issues then you'll absolutely love it... I went to the 'Ring with 50 of my mates in over 20 cars in convoy with the cruise control on with leather, climate in complete comfort... Then did an easy 9m 15s lap with loads of traffic which was up there with all my mates stripped-out track toys, then drove back home again... Averaged 31.4 MPG including my 5 laps of the 'Ring, which I think is brilliant!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will see how the finances pan out in the next few months. Doing stuff with the house etc. priorities etc :(

Swift Sport
Yes mate, it's probably the best all-round car I've owned. The Ignis was more fun and the Civic was better built, but the Megane is a good compromise between them. If it wasn't French it would be a masterpiece of a car, but because it is it's just a good motor!

It definitely has something that the Civic lacks... That bit of French charm makes up for its build quality weaknesses.