ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone through 2 Wheel bearings in 1000miles

R26
Now lads, obviously ive got quite a serious problem on my hands cause im going through bearings like theyre going out of fashion... when i got my car the wheel bearing was buzzing away, so i got new discs & bearings fitted about 500miles ago, and it went again literally straight away, when the garage took the bearing out it was cracked, so they pressed a new one in for me as i couldnt see the point in buying new discs after so little miles, then to my amazement, its gone again!

So could anyone shed any light on what tha fooook is happening ?! The local garage suggested my 'stub' could be bent causing them to constantly crack due to not being straight??

As usual thanks in advance for the help :D

R26
Yeah rear one dude.

I couldnt tell you for certain, but id say yes as they were fitted by a very reputable company.

182, SQ7, Trafic
I'd say spacer ring/washer (known as a deflector at Renault) hasn't been fitted!

alien green rs133
Well i would say, if they were doing the job correctly the wheel bearing would last longer. obviously i cant cast that much of an opinion without knowing exactly what they have done, or looking at your car, its not a common problem for rear bearings to wear that quickly obviously. if you had said front bearing i would of been able to suggest why, the driveshaft nuts are know to sometimes come loose after a few hundred miles. but since its the rear i cant suggest anything any further.

Golf GT TDI
in that case..... you need jesus.

cant think of anything else. i replaced mine with genuine a few years ago and have been spot on unless you have just been unlucky and had a bad batch?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Exact same thing is happening to me mate, first one went after 200 miles, this one went after 1 f**king mile!

Is it possible to fit discs with abs rings to a 172 Cup?

Could have been killed the first time as it went at 60mph.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
The spacer wasn't there the first time in mine. I'll be getting them to pick mine up on a flat bed and get it fixed AGAIN. F*cking spanner monkeys.