ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good bye my beloved 197

sw1

Clio 172
Due to doing high mileage for work I'm having to to sell my Black 197 andget a diesel, having owned 2 * 172's and the 197 it's time to move on however i do have a fondness of the RenaultSport and may one day return.

My final review on my 197 after 7.5 months and 12500 miles on the clock.

Awesome everyday car and the seats are so good, probably the biggest critism of the old 172/182's. Driving postion is perfect and when you get used to the steering the feels really great also.

As for the handling I have never driven a car that grips corners so well, anyone considering or sitting on the fence go for it, The R27 is also a lovely looking motor.

Lastly build quality is absoutely top notch, nothing like the old 172's I owned, it feels mre solid like a golf.

The only down points which every one has mentioned are: motorway noise/gearing but you get used to it and fuel consumption.

Gears can also be a hassle when your not in the mood to rev the arse out of the car but when you are in the mood it's amazing.

I will stick it up on Cliosport once I have found out how too however if anyone wants to check it out it's the black one on Pistonheads, I will take 11,500 for it if anyone is in the market for one.

I have my new car a fully specced 120d M sport with 18" alloys etc coming soon, can do 0-60 in 7.5 and 60mps along with 350 of Torque, perfect for the amount of driving I do.

I will no doubt hang around the forums to offer advice to any new 197 owners.

Dyson
I've been looking at it all day on pistonheads and the bay.

If only someone would buy mine. Good luck with the sale.

sw1

Clio 172
ha ha, they are very very good cars.

Got to also say both hear and the Renaultsport forums users have great attitudes, BMW one's are the worse!!!!

If only Renault would bring out the Clio DCI 175, I'm back I tell ya

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I tested one yesterday - was a great little motor :) If I needed something more sensible than the Vee, I'd have it.

Good luck with the sale mate, someone is gonna get a bargain at that price!

Dan

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So to save money on fuel you spend probably £6k extra on a car?

Mini Cooper S sport
I always hope for people like you - with any luck, when I come to buy my R26, someone else will have kindly taken the depreciation hit for me!

sw1

Clio 172
Well it's more a long term thing plus I use it so much on motorways I need a bit of comfort plus I can't be @rsed with the frequent trips to the garage I have to do now.

Not to worried about the hit on depreciaton - it's nice to own new cars when they come out, that's fair enough if it's not your view though plus I've had 12500 miles of fun in it, plus every Renault will lose lots of money apart from maybe the Clio Trophies. At least I didn't pay the list price for the 197 ;o))

my car allowance pays for the car plus I managed to secure a 4.5K discount on the 1 series so it's a very good price.