ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Deal?

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Ok, so I need new tyres on all corners.

Is this a good deal?

Toyo_zps5dd02708.jpg

Thought I would get some opinions before I stick in the order.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
I would say yes, but then add an extra £20+ for fitting

what sort of price have u been getting at your local dealers ?

Suzuki Jimny
Just bear in mind a lot of tyre fitters will refuse to fit tyres not supplied by them, and if you finally find one, they will want £20 per tyre.

Ph2 172 Iceberg
None of my local dealers sell Toyo but do sell the other top brands.

To be honest for a decent brand tyre at my local dealers I'm looking at a minimum of £75 per tyre fitted.

I also asked my local how much they would charge to fit tyres that I had purchased elsewhere........ £15 per tyre!!!

Pop to an independant garage on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. More than likely they will fit them for you for £20 cash.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
£15 per tyre is about the going rate for tyres fitted, balanced and old ones disposed of.

If you could find a private/backstreet garage that can fit tyres you'll probably find them a lot cheaper for fitting.

Its a good price for them tyres at what it works out at each but I'm not a fan of them personally. If you set your budget to £60 a tyre then £15 for fitting, off the internet you could get Yokohama S drives, Pirelli Pzero, Uniroyal rain sport 3 etc from Camskill would all then fall into budget.

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Pop to an independant garage on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. More than likely they will fit them for you for £20 cash.

Yep, think I'm going to have to give this a try.

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
like said above, if u do find someone to fit them im pretty sure they are not gonna care about putting them on and will more than likely scratch the wheels and u want have a leg to stand on

Ph2 172 Iceberg
If you set your budget to £60 a tyre then £15 for fitting, off the internet you could get Yokohama S drives, Pirelli Pzero, Uniroyal rain sport 3 etc from Camskill would all then fall into budget.

Sound advice. The car currently has Pirelli P Zeros on and although they are worn they feel good so might look into getting another set, it just all boils down to budget unfortunately. :(

they are not gonna care about putting them on and will more than likely scratch the wheels and u want have a leg to stand on

I can't say this hasn't run across my mind! You know it's just bound to happen.

Suzuki Jimny
like said above, if u do find someone to fit them im pretty sure they are not gonna care about putting them on and will more than likely scratch the wheels and u want have a leg to stand on

Had my two front wheels scratched and I paid £18 per tyre. :(

Going with a decent company next time.

Local immigrants change mine for £10 balanced and disposed of. Also really carefull with the wheels and have an array of adapters and tools to protect the wheels

Although i take the wheels off the car and take them to them. Never trust anyone jacking my car up lol i like my sills intact.

Tbf i would pay a couple of quid more and get the yokohama s-drives AS01 from the same place.

Great grip for the money have recently fitted 4;)

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Thanks for all the help guys. I was very close to getting a set of Yokohama s-drives, however I purchased the following as they fit my budget (not much).

DSC_0226_zps83891701.jpg

Ph2 172 Iceberg
The rain sports cost £55 each, paid £30 to have both tyres fitted, balanced and valves replaced for new.

Last edited: