ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good mod,

clio 172 cup
rite i have a clio 172 cup and had it for a few months now and was going to sell it for something bigger but keeping it now what the most mod to start with ? heard alot about the v6 airbox plus pannel filter,

ValverInBits
best mod to start with is remove the drivers seat bushes. It's free and it improves the driving position.

Then go for sportline spring and chamber bolts.

Rusty Cup
there are plenty of decent mods available, rs tuner is possibly the best £/gain ive had yet although £60 for a set of denso iridium spark plugs is a close second.

For info on rs tuner use the search but its basically a box that remaps ur ecu then allows you to produce dyno style read outs on a laptop (pc only (boooo (but i ran bootcamp on my mac n did it (yay))))

:D

Rusty Cup
tbh changing the airfilter is hardly going to transform the car, most you can hope for is an induction roar rather than any noticeable gain in power.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
there are plenty of decent mods available, rs tuner is possibly the best £/gain ive had yet although £60 for a set of denso iridium spark plugs is a close second.
:D

Really? I thought the Denso Iridiums were infact worse for a Clio and more designed for high bhp tuned jap motors? I had a set of these expensive Densos in my old mint 26k valver and it performed worse than the Renault standard NGK's :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
First things to do performance wise:

Full service
Panel Filter or ph1 airbox/espace V6 airbox with a panel filter
Remove Acoustic valve and uprate airfeeds
Change the nasty standard induction elbow
RSTuner
2.5" bore Stainless Exhaust
De-cat + 182 Manifold
Matched Inlets

About the best things you can do without spending big money on cams and live mapping, ITB's, Turbo kit etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
After doing most of the above mentioned mods i.e.

Ph1 Airbox with ITG Filter and Uprated CAF's
Samco Elbow
Matched Inlets
Decat
2.5" Aftermarket Exhaust
RSTuner

I would honestly say none of it has seemed to make much difference TBH

Brakes and Suspension and keeping it well serviced is all i would do if doing it again or maybe just a Panel Filter and a Decat.

Rusty Cup
Really? I thought the Denso Iridiums were infact worse for a Clio and more designed for high bhp tuned jap motors? I had a set of these expensive Densos in my old mint 26k valver and it performed worse than the Renault standard NGK's :(

these plugs transformed my car instantly it even sounded angrier, maybe my plugs were screwed ?? but i can assure you it went alot better after i changed them, throttle response was much better :D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just stuck with the NGK PFRE????? Whatever they are that it comes with as Std and they have been spot on for me :)

ValverInBits
decat and 182 manifold worked really nicely for me (I made a guide for this also)
I wouldnt ever expect a performance gain from plugs unless you have a problem with the ones in there currently.
Matched inlets are a good buy from what I've heard.

As for the camber bolts, you can use them to dial in a little more -ve front camber which will go some way to stopping the understeer.

ITB'd MK1
these plugs transformed my car instantly it even sounded angrier, maybe my plugs were screwed ?? but i can assure you it went alot better after i changed them, throttle response was much better :D

ROFL, what a lot of tosh. Your plugs must have just been shafted to start with. A £10 set of NGK BCPR6ES would have done the same

yep standard NGK's are very good to start with

couple of options would be a decat and matched inlets

it would help if you expanded on what you want from your car ie can you live with a louder car etc etc then we would have a better idea of what mods to suit

if you are planning a remap at some point make sure all your other planned mods are done first, so the map can be written to make the most of them

Rusty Cup
ROFL, what a lot of tosh. Your plugs must have just been shafted to start with. A £10 set of NGK BCPR6ES would have done the same

I think you need to change the batteries in your queering aid :rasp: i said my plugs were probably screwed to see a benefit in changin them and pardon me for replacing them for decent ones :cool: