ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Solid bass how to achieve it

Atm im just trying to get as solid as i can of a beat from what i have. Ive cut the box down from what it used to be (see pic) its now like half the size and that did make a difference. It also sed in the Sub specifications for building the box that it needed to be filled with fibre fill i wasnt sure what this was and guessed it was sorta the same stuff that you have in quilts so ive put that in as well lol its also made a bit of difference but not like wot i want.

Ive got a 450watt SPLX amp which is prob giving out bout 50RMS if that

2 x JBL 10" subs 250watt RMS 1000watt Peak. 4ohm resistance

So i think the box is about the right size now just unsure on how to get a solid bass beat bit hard for me to understand if its right or not since u lot cant hear it but i would like a more solid punch to the beat. so i was woundering if its just the amp now that would be letting me down Like if i get a bigger amp will it make the bass more Clear or do i ave to upgrade the subs as well?
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1101080471__sound-001.jpg

[Edited by craig20102010 on 26 November 2004 at 1:57pm]

[Edited by craig20102010 on 26 November 2004 at 1:59pm]

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 26 November 2004

go for 12"s rather than 10"s as they are more punch than deep bass

eh? i take it u mean the 10s are more punchy than deep...

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

id try another amp, make sure your running it with the LPF on (i use an 80Hz LPF). The box shouldnt be an issue if its the right volume and the subs are running in phase.

How the bass sounds, really does depends on the sub itself though, so if a new amp and the right sized box doesnt make it sound any more how u want it to, then consider buying a new sub (or 2)

CHANGE THE AMP!!!!!!!

its pish, to be blunt

sealed enclosure designed to exact specification of subs requirements
single sub per box

to get GOOD, SOLID bass, you will have to spend money, the more expensive kit isnt more expensive for no reason

well what im after is the like a solid Kick bassically with hardly any interfierence around it sort of.

i was told that at the momen it sounds good by a couple of friends but im not convinced its as crisp as it could be so i was maybe thinkin a better amp would solve it (im going to upgrade the amp anyway)

Question:

If i buy a amp that gives out 500watt RMS at 2ohms and it was only a mono amp then if i hook my two subs up to it in parallel so that they run at 2ohms instead of the 4ohms that they are and since there only 250watt RMS they would only add up to the RMS of the Amp. >>>

Would that be stable bassically runnin the two subs off the amp so that the amps thinks the total load is only 2ohms cuz they would be runnin in parallel.

[Edited by craig20102010 on 26 November 2004 at 3:24pm]

use marine plywood 2 make ur boxs cuz its already sound deadend! then use a box for each sub and u could port it! then get a amp that will power the two subs. a good sealed box is the key 2 loudness!

Ziel Nurburgring

Bin the home made box, and get yourself to a dedicated car audio centre. 1 decent 12" with an amp capable of powering it will sounds a million times better than 2 cheap ones with a cheap amp(not a comment on your current system).

I used to had a single 15" RF with a RF punch amp a few years back, in a specifically CAD designed box. Wasnt that expensive and that would make people get out of the car.

What are you looking for? A shop window shaker or some nice clean bass(As youll need to invest in some dynamat for a really good in car sound)?

nice clean bass i aint bothered about how loud it is just as long as i can hear a nice solid bass its defferntly getting there atm everytime i do something to it its getting more solid but its only since ive been posting.

i appreichate ur idea on getting one professionally made but i would like to do the wiring and everything me self so that its my system and not someone elses. but its deffo geting there just need a better amp now so if any one cananswer the amp question above i would apreichate (sp) that as well

Ziel Nurburgring

In that case, go buy your self 2 or 3 rolls of dynamat and cover you boot floor and sides, tailgate and the rear wings with strips of it it will improve the sound as it kills the rattles. Cheaper the a new system

how much of a budget do you have to "improve" your system??

i can answer that one easier, also imprving the sound quality ten-fold

the JBL subs area decent budget sub, but wont take much more power than they state, the SPLx amp is poor, even upgrading to Pro-Plus would be a massive improvement

forget rms figues for now, you have 2 subs, address the amp issue and the enclosure issue, a 4 channel amp like the Caliber CA480 would run the subs well, and on a budget, not the best quality, but overall a competitive amp for the money

too many people rely heavily upon power figures nowawadays, these have become far les relevant, as more of the manufacturers are claiming some silly figures, whereas the better manufacturers seem to underquote their products - they are not really worth taking much note of anymore :(

silver valver/hybrid

as long as the boxes are the right size and sealed properly they shouldnt be a problem, as suggested above, use dynamat or similar, in boot, and get a half decent amp, to match the power of the subs.