ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old gear into 182

Spent ages finally feeding a power cable through the grommit behind the power steering fluid last night and popped my amp & sub in today.

Planning on changing the sub soon for something much smaller as I don't have deafening bass needs anymore and would quite like to be able to use my boot! Something like an 8" JL most likely. Got some pants Alpine 5.25" co-axials in the front at the moment soon to be swapped for, most likely, some JL components.

Chap at work said he has a 4 channel Gensis amp that he's going to let me have for....free! Deffinatley buying that man some beers! No idea what model it is, from 2004 if anybody is able to provide details of their range from then that would be great! Said it's not like the profile for but looks like this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4382.html

Or very similar so hopefully should be a powerful bit of kit!

My Alpine headunit is ancient but still going strong! Have re-fed the Aux lead through the glove box. The Alpine MRD-M605 fits very nicely under the seat :). Need some longer speaker cable to the boot as it is quite literally at full stretch hence the position of the amp with the cover off!

Pics:

img0937u.jpg

By bennyc1989 at 2010-07-06
img0948xs.jpg

By bennyc1989 at 2010-07-08

img0950f.jpg

img0952sa.jpg

img0951o.jpg

img0953.jpg

img0954x.jpg

img0955g.jpg

Box & sub has seen better days, been sat in the back of the Corsa for 4 years and had holes drilled all over it. Should do fine as a temporary solution for the mean time :lolup: