ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good visability tonight...

Never seen anything quite like this and I've been in some bad conditions before, here is S25 CUP from about 3 metres away...behind it (literally next to the back wheel) is a bright street light which you can just make out.

45457870-L.jpg

I did a quick visability check, walked backwards from my car until I couldn't see it, got to to 20 metres and realised I couldn't even see my house anymore!

Got out on the unlit rural roads and literally had to follow the central line markings one by one, couldn't see further than one ahead at any time, was bloody scary! Wasn't looking at anything else, just fixed on the white lines and keeping an eye out for subtle curves to predict changes in direction. Certainly keeps you on your toes.

Mazda MX5 1.8
i cant ever remember it lasting so long

i thought the electricity was out on the street lights today as i approached a round about but it wasnt until i got pretty close to them that i could see that they were actually on......made me feel very insecure even though i drive it almost every week day

what with dirty cats eyes and slippy roads its pretty dangerous out there

Tom_16v said:
Quality pics....fog lights dont do much do they then lol!

Front fogs do absolutely sod all to be honest, I tested this theory tonight in fact and could not notice a single difference between them being on and off in those conditions.

Good eyesight doesn't help either, my uncorrected vision is pretty poor but I had a look over my glasses and I could barely tell the difference, I literally couldn't see more than 20 metres so it didn't matter.

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
Same here, couldn't notice a different with or without fogs.. but it doesn't help only one of my fogs working! lol

Good thing I got my brighter bulbs in the post today

clio_lights.jpg

SLK 350
Xenons seem to cut through the fog better than standards imo, also fog lights do help - but its only the 10 feet in front of you from my experience over the last few days.

As father and son....
yeah was a bit tricky last night on the way home. A51 from Stafford -> Rugeley -> Lichfield passes through some relatively rural bits and just up past the county showground was a nightmare. Didnt help with some dickhead in an Audi S3 blitzing round bends at 70 odd mph scaring the s**t out of everyone. There's some proper idiots on the road who think theyre immune to the bleeding elements.