ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good website Designer?

RS6 C7
Looking at setting up a website for a new area we are looking to branch out to. I have a budget of upto £750.

Needs to be eCommerce & be able to integrate online payments through paypal. I know there are cheap alternatives but i need lots of custom graphics & ideally would like some product photography.

Let me know :)

Black Clio Mk3
Yea, same with one.com, but they dont do eCommerce. dont know anyone that does website design?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have a couple of friends who do web design, I can ask them if they can help you if you want?

Rav4
It's not too bad, considering the hours it takes and also the branding. Additionally, he uses ZenCart for the majority of their e-commerce stuff. It's not too bad really.

Just pay in stages, so initial deposit, 1/2 way through and then a final payment upon completion.

Ask for a 10% reduction, I am sure he has catered for that and you're near your budget.

LY 182
I could possibly help you with this mate.

PM me with some more details if you're interested and then I can see whether it would be something I can help you with.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Ive been using a guy off here for all my webs stuff defo worth emailing i'l pm you his email address.

£750 isn't much of a budget for a full site design AND product photography - £1500-2500 is a bit more realistic

You're best bet might be to find an off-the-shelf skin/theme you like and modify it to suit - and use a pre-built e-commerce solution like Magento
But even then you'd need a developer to help set it all up unless you know how?

LY 182
£750 isn't much of a budget for a full site design AND product photography - £1500-2500 is a bit more realistic

You're best bet might be to find an off-the-shelf skin/theme you like and modify it to suit - and use a pre-built e-commerce solution like Magento
But even then you'd need a developer to help set it all up unless you know how?

This is spot on.

I can help with the Ecommerce and theme stuff but not the photography.

He seems ok but he's quoted you £1000 which you think "is a bit steep" lol - that's cheap to be honest for an e-commerce site design
You'll have to pay extra for product photography on top. Proper product photography is an art in itself

MKV R32
I spoke to him earlier on the phone, Wanted around £1000, I really like his designs & a very helpful bloke but £1000 seems a little steep. Very tempted though.

£1k isn't steep. You get what you pay for. Just like cars. If you seriously want all that for £750 you're having a laugh. Some poor soul will do it, horrendously underpriced though.

Honestly stump up the extra £250 and go with the people you like. Otherwise you'll spend 750 on a s**t site and you will massively regret it.

RS6 C7
£1k isn't steep. You get what you pay for. Just like cars. If you seriously want all that for £750 you're having a laugh. Some poor soul will do it, horrendously underpriced though.

Honestly stump up the extra £250 and go with the people you like. Otherwise you'll spend 750 on a s**t site and you will massively regret it.

That's why i posted the thread as i know little about this kind of thing, Will be paying the extra.

RIP Dan
I am using Big Cartel and its easy, their support is very good. I may outgrow it (lets hope so!!) but for now its just what I need.

RS6 C7
Went with these: http://www.webcuk.co.uk/

1.1k poorer :(

Hopefully will be good, I think after looking through their portfolio I felt confident.

I am having DaveDreads on here to do some product photography as i don't think the iphone pictures will cut it!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Hi mate,
I tried to PM you on here the other day but your inbox was full.

I've done websites for quite a few people on here for different budgets, including Birchdown, Auto Nation, Apex Motorsport Logistics, Boosh's photography website aswel as a few others.

If you want to get in touch with me to discuss anything, please feel free.

Email: liam@camble.co.uk
Tel: 07593 817 023

Thanks
Liam

^ can't recommend Liam enough, done a lot of work for me and is always spot on with communication and editing.

* being scouse is his only flaw I've found ;)