ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Clio waiting for replacement

A sad day has happened in my life in that I am getting rid of my beloved R27. Those people who know me are aware that this was my second Clio after my Titanium 182. Cold facts of life have had to hit home and I cannot justify keeping the R27 and the expense that it is due to incur. Also due to changing personal circumstances, no pay rise for three years and now closure of my place of work in August and likely redundancy. With my advancing years I may have to settle for any job that will probably not be as well paid as the job I have been doing. So the Clio will not be ideal if I need to commute greater distances. I also needed to pay off some of the outstanding loan on it in order to trim my outgoings so have looked long and hard for a replacement with some equity my way. Didn't quite achieve what I intended but have done the deal and walked away with something that is not a Renault. I will post up pics when I have picked the new car up. I am waiting due to the DVLA who have now informed me that it could take up to 4 weeks to get my V5 back after retaining my Private plate. Have got the tax and old number plate back so hopefully this should come through in the next week. Just looks odd seeing the car without my plate on it. Funnily enough I will not miss it as much as I missed the 182 when I traded that in.

I am not even going to give a hint at what I am replacing it with but feel free to hazard a guess. Key driver was obviously around lower running costs.

I will continue to be a member and will pop along to meets if I'm still accepted, who knows if I get one of the more decent jobs I have applied for I may even be back in a 182 someday.

all the best reminds me i took a snap at goodwood of her

377377_10150426299330741_583155740_9025241_841456416_n.jpg

big boost cup
That's a sh#iter about the job pete. and a shame to see the R27 go. Now we can single out Tim for having a gay colour car : )
Hope your still going to attend meets

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry about the job loss pete. But thankfully, you seem a sound bloke and good things happen to good people so hopefully you'll be back at work in no time. :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Sorry to hear about the job, and it's a shame the R27 has to go. I'm sure you'll be back in a nice car sooner than you know it, but I guess the sensible choice has to be made for now.

I'm guessing 1.4 Focus.

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Sorry to hear of your bad luck mate... I'm sure you will get back on your feet as good things come to good people.

My guess is Volkswagen Golf Gtdi

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Pete mate its a sad sad day :( Im in actual shock. Bad news about the job, what's happening with the kids ? Assume there going on to another centre or something ? Wont be the same at meets now with Tim's gay bus all on its own. Should have kept your sons Metro and used that ;)

Rifled through some old photos of her.

6904877390_c50645ffd4_c.jpg

7050968955_f89dbc7e4f_c.jpg

6904880302_59de4fa392_c.jpg

Cheers for all the support and yes it will be hard with moving people on. Half my staff team have already found other jobs, I must have taught them well.

So far no one has got it right although some interesting choices. Much as I love Metros there are so few left and would not make a good daily driver. Just to confirm that I have chosen something that Evo really liked and had on their long term fleet.

Chris thanks for posting the pics up, that was when I first got the sunshine bus. Fletch is the only one who still has the same car from that photo lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm is it a hot hatch Pete?

Sorry to here about it Pete. Car looked immense at CSS. Easily one of the best there. The colour was so standout. :(

Mini Cooper S sport
The R27 in LY remains one of the best-looking Clios ever made IMO. Just needs a cup spoiler to be perfect. Lovely-looking car.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cr4p... so sorry to hear about this, Pete. :( I still hope I get chance to bump into you at places like Combe and similar.

Best wishes going forward and I hope you find something that can offer you a good wage and a bit of security. Chin up fella. :D

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry to hear this Pete, what industry/job do you do? If it helps, and is related to my industry, my firm are recruiting at the moment. I work for Jacobs. If anything we do aligns with your skillset, drop me a pm.

My guess; Panda 100hp

Last edited:
Finally got the V5 back from DVLA today and do the exchange on Wednesday now. Someone has guessed right but I'll wait until Wednesday to let you know what will be on my drive. Needless to say plans have been made, some small parcels have arrived and some changes will happen over the next few weeks. Parts will be ordered once car is here as I managed to put some money aside for modding. I know I will regret the change but the head ruled over the heart.

renault clio 172
Sorry to hear your change in circumstances. The Clio look liked a nice motor, personally after reading this my money will be on a Fabia vrs, bloody quick, and fuel efficient.