ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2008 (56k no chance)

Great shots... what was the safety car then that sounded good?

CLK 63 AMG I think, something along those lines anyway, it's the F1 Safety Car and iirc they've made a road-going 'Black' version, not sure if it sounds that good though. Got a few pics in my gallery of it. Sounded completely normal when tootling along then just exploded under acceleration. Stunning.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The road going version was this one

IMG_2339.gif

Sounded almost as good as the safety car i reckon, i also managed to nearly get run over by it when it was parking after the first supercar run!

Chris, awesome photos!! Quick question. Do you carry out much cropping and rotating post production or is that exactly how you take your photos.

I usually try and frame the shot as I want it and tweak it later, was keen to know what your work flow was.

Generally I will crop a photo (usually only to tidy it up, nothing major), then adjust the levels. I always under-expose which is much safer than over-exposing, so I just bring the levels up a bit to brighten it up. Lately I've started experimenting with selective sharpening as well, again just a very minor tweak (with unsharp mask) and nothing agressive.

I've never rotated a photo at all, all that is done when capturing the image. In an ideal world I wouldn't crop either as I only have a 6mp camera and can't afford to lose much, but when a car is passing at 80mph it's not always easy to frame it precisely in camera.

Original straight from camera
331663964_tbx76-L.jpg

Processed
330254214_vc6jK-L.jpg

As you can see, not a huge difference but certainly noticeable when I get prints done. 500 photos usually takes me about 2hrs max to download off the camera, sort through, process and upload to Smugmug.