ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Eagle F1's or Hankook V12's

RS Clio 172 Cup
Right Guys,

Where the hell do i get these in 195/45R16? I've looked absolutely everywhere.

Just got 2 brand new Pirelli P Zero Nero's on the back, giving me P Zero's all round, and the car is nowhere near as fun to drive! Extremely twitchy rear end. Both rear shocks and springs are new.

Any help appreciated guys,

​Dan

172 Cup
Hankook V12's dont come in that size, you need to go 205/45/16, which is what i have done, else you can get the Hankook Ventus Prime in 195

RS Clio 172 Cup
Where do I get them in that size SjK?

Theevilgiraffe, What pressures you reccomend? Im running 31 front 29 rear

Cheers for the replies guys

RS Clio 172 Cup
At higher speeds (60/70) even changing lanes makes the rear end feel unstable and twitchy. F1 Eagles were on before and had none of the above problems

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Something not right, Pzeros are epic tyres. Would use them over both in the title anyday.

Wheels tight? Are the tyres the same speed rating? You can get 84W XL and 84V XL.

Pretty sure they discontinued the Eagle F1s in that size. If you really want to swap tyres, try Vredstein Sportrac 5 ;)

RS Clio 172 Cup
All been checked James, been checking it regularly since I've had them fitted. It's scary on the motorway!

Any new tyres will feel spongey and loose feeling initially. I find it really noticeable especially on the rear, but its the same with most modern tyres. If I've ever had to fit just a pair, I always put them on the front for a few hundred miles as they get a better work-out to scrub up/heat them through, until thats happened they will feel terrible.

Swap them round and feel the difference!

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Just wanted to get the black armbands out.

No Goodyear Eagles for any 15/16 inch sizes anymore. :(

I guess it'll have to be Bridgestones now

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it the assy F1's? The old G3 V ones were an utterly superb tyre, sadly they stopped making them.

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just had a pair of Eagle F1 GSD3s in 205/45 16 delivered from Camskill, tyres date May 2013 - seems that they are back in manufacture!

Just wanted to get the black armbands out.

No Goodyear Eagles for any 15/16 inch sizes anymore. :(

I guess it'll have to be Bridgestones now

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb, they stopped making them and made the assy ones.