ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Eagle GSD3

Ad

MK2 FRS

Got these all round yesterday for £104 a tyre (205/40/17). (managed to get these this cheap cause someone made a mistake).ALL I can say is that they have tranformed the car. It doesnt pull on the steering under accelleration. They have supreme grip in the dry. I cant get over how much they bite the tarmac Cant wait to try them in the wet. Anyone already got these???

i use yoko A539 205/40/17 and the car feels like it wonts to drift even in the dry sometimes! the cars lowered 60mm all round though so i geuss thats why!! i can still attack roundabouts alot better than my old renault 15s though!

I got 2 new GY F1 GSD3s on the front (Falken FK451 rear) and they are fab...i think i need a tracking adjustment cos it doesnt feel quite as good as it did (but thats since a slight accident).

Anyone know of a good tracking place in the nottingham/sheffield or oldham?

Ta

J

Ad

MK2 FRS

Mines lowered 40mm. I had the option of the Yokos for £73. I had Toyos previousley and thought these were superb, however, they have really been shown up. Its interesting that you say that about the Yokos because I had to do some serious thinking before forking out £30 a tyre more.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Jamie, just out of interest, How many miles did you do on the Toyos??? I reckon I got 14,000 miles plus what you did on them. I reckon that s not bad considering it was hard driving.

i still need to get my car tracked! so that might solve the slippy feeling i also lightly scuffed my passenger side front alloy (Dohh) ive heard that by adjusting the camber of the wheels by 3degrees in will help with grip but will destroy my tires alot quicker! not that im fussed about the tires dieing itll just be a good excuse to by some more grippy ones!!

just to let you know i only got 9000 miles out of my renault fitted continetal sport contact 195/55/15 and they were all in need of changing!! hence the upgrade to 17s

Lionel Richie

Yeah i ripped through to the metal in 8K (same tyres conti 55 15s) My toyos need changing i put then on the car at 8K and the car has done 24500k

Skoda Fabia vRS

adtmits, where you from, as i noticed in another thread u got these from St Helens, which is where i live, an Tyre Save is just up the road from me, like 1 minute from my house

Ad

MK2 FRS

I didnt rate the contis, however, my mate got the michelins on his and they are superb. HAve never left the contis on long enough to get through them.

Fred, I really thought the Toyos lost a lot grip in the last 4k, what do you think??

Lionel Richie

A little bit i guess, it did underrsteer quite badly in the wet and if you were a bit enthusistic you could be going round a corner looking out your side window!!!! Ive just ordered a set of AVON ZZ1s

Revels Mum & Sister

I have Goodyear F1s they are the bollies mate

Most excellent in the wet. They grip like you wouldnt believe.

H22A7 Accord Type R

im on 8600 miles in my car and The Conti Premium contacts as standard are lookin pretty worn now! the groove at the edge of the tyre is gettin pretty shallow!! Ive calmed down a bit now in the hope of gettin 10K out of them! So, whats a hard wearing grippy tyre???? Toyo Proxies or Goodyear Eagles next????? opinions required..............Rob

LOL you got 8600 out of them?? hahahahahhahaahhahah mine are 6500 and probably half a mm tread left in them.... not quite slicks yet so im making them last a few more miles

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol.............NED! mind u, i have a lot of motorway miles to Scotland and back.........not constant roundabout abuse lol.........only some!

hahahaha yeah mines cornering abuse since new..... I dont know what tires to get now though.... the eagle f1s got poor rolling resistance so it would make my car slower.... I was thinking of mitchelin energy xt1s or something

H22A7 Accord Type R

think im either gonna go for the toyo proxy T-1s or goodyear eagles............

Revels Mum & Sister

Toyo Proxies as just as good as F1s but proxies are quite soft and wear a hell of lot quicker. I would go for F1s