ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google & Gmail etc.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just recently I've added a couple more accounts on to my computer... I have my standard account, along with one for my DJ/music production uploads and my mum's account. Now despite whether I'm simply going to the Google homepage or attempting to log into Gmail, it's stuck on one account. I can manually select one of the others but every time I go back, it's changed back to the other one again.

This is confusing for my mum who really isn't the most computer literate. When clicking on Gmail at the moment, it comes up with some crap about 'upgrading' to Gmail (even though I already have an account) then you have to manually click on the profile in the top right of the screen and select a different account.

tl;dr how do you set Google/Gmail accounts as default?

SQ5
Can you not use different computer accounts, so when it turns on you log in on one and your mum on the other? That way hers will default to hers, set a new log in for you and yours will default to whatever you first do?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Suppose I could do that, seems a bit long winded though! There must be an easier way... why doesn't it just work like Outlook :( so simple.

If you're using Chrome, jut add each account in the browser settings.

Then each time you want to change account, click your/your mums name at the top of the browser (near the minimise button) and it'll change.
This is how I use it at work for my personal / work accounts. No need to sign in/out each time.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah, this is exactly what it's doing... but I want a different default. I don't want to have to click to change each time unless I specifically want a different account.

Edit to make it more clear. Yes it changes, as you say, but when I go back to Google again, it's changed back to the one I switched from :(

It shouldn't change back until you've closed the browser down, then reopened it.

When you select the other account it opens that account in a new window. Maybe change your default account?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This is exactly what I want, lol. See my tl;dr in original post :blush: how do I chaaange the default? Without it constantly changing back...

997.1, Caddy, e208
Log all out, then log main one in as default, In the address bar /u/0 represents first user signed in.

/u/1 is user 2
/u/2 is user 3

etc....