ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Links Redirecting.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I guess its some kind of malware, but after running spyware doctor and fixing the 3 problems its found, this still happens.

The links send me off to places like youtube or ebay and i have to go back to google and click the link again, several times.

I've searched google (ironic i know) and there are some people that talk about downloading "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" i've done this but it won't even open.... i have no idea why.

Any help with this would be MASSIVELY appreciated, it now seems to be slowing my whole computer down since starting to try to "fix" it, where as before it was a relatively quiet but annoying problem.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But what do i do if even when installed the program doenst open?!?!??!

I can't seem to do anything to open it? Even tried the auto run commands in the help menu.

Cookie, spybot seems dead, seems to be part of spyware doctor now?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I've come across this one before maybe 12 months back or so and it blocked traffic to anti virus sites or just redirected you so you couldnt download anything.

If you can, use another machine to download the latest version of something like ad-aware and the latest update and copy to a usb stick. Then install it from the usb stick with the latest update on the infected machine.

... come to think of it my brother-in-law had this aswell. There wasnt much on his laptop so I just reinstalled it from the recovery cd's rather than messing around and not being 100% you've got rid of it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can get to links really easy as it seems to have only affected google.

I can download spyware s**t, but the one i have been recommended to fix the problem i can install but just doesnt open. This seems to be one clever little sly fucker. :(

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I know the one I was dealing with disabled part of 'System Restore' aswell so you couldnt roll the OS and registry back to a previous date.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I've just had to reinstall thanks to this bloody thing, malware bytes was picking stuff up (usually my program of choice) but couldn't get rid of it, even in safe mode. If you've installed malware bytes (or whatever you've been advised to use) but it won't actually run find it in the program files directory and rename the program's .exe file to something else then you should be able to run it (i'd advise to do it in safe mode) Failing that get hijack this and post the log it creates onto one of the internet security forums should be able to find an expert to sift out the affected part of your computer.

I'm one of the most religious people when it comes to making sure my PC is spyware/virus free, daily update checks. Twice daily scans.

However I've just been hit with some malware, think it's come through a recent torrent. Basically blocking any program from running, no antivirus/anti-spyware. It infects any program I use, so FF, IE, iTunes. It's an absolute killer.

Came just at the time I wanted to upgrade to Windows7 but I need to rescue this drive and my tens of thousands of pics first!!!

Following some support from an online security forum, and hoping I can fix it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

182FF with cup packs
If you cannot gain access to AV/anti-spyware sites, the first move is to check c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (open in notepad).

In theory (unless you have specifically added stuff here) it should look like:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
If you have any entries for anything else in there (especially av sites etc) then that is how it is re-directing everything.