ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google makes a big step with android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk3 clio 1.5
You don't work in the IT sector do you?

I work for o2 atm. But am very knowlegable about IT.

I am pretty confident Google have no such plans...unless you know something the rest of the World doesn't?

haha you couldnt possibly know what google are going to do.
see the thing is tft monitors were released to the public around 2002 but little as you know they were used in 1960 in the uk, things we dont know, are already in place.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
see the thing is tft monitors were released to the public around 2002 but little as you know they were used in 1960 in the uk, things we dont know, are already in place.

WHAT? Rubbish. TFT displays were invented in the 80's And went on sale WAY WAY WAY before 2002.

If you mean LCD displays, they were invented in the 1880's

Mk3 clio 1.5
WHAT? Rubbish. TFT displays were invented in the 80's And went on sale WAY WAY WAY before 2002.

since when did you ever see a tft for sale in a shop in the 80's? and no i didnt mean LCD.

Mk3 clio 1.5
im gonna go owt ona lim ans say call centa.

spot on. even though your automatically gonna brand me as been "thick" im far from that. also currently moving jobs atm.

Bet it's a call centre

well done. seen as i already told you lol

You being branded as thick has nothing to do with where you work.

well technically no, but its a often stereo type from most people. e.g. people working at mac d's

Mk3 clio 1.5
Are you a method actor?

"Method acting is a phrase that loosely refers to a family of techniques by which actors try to create in themselves the thoughts and emotions of their characters in an effort to develop lifelike performances"

seen as were talking about objects not people. i dont think that possible.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

since when did you ever see a tft for sale in a shop in the 80's? and no i didnt mean LCD.

Ok, so lets slow this down. First read what i wrote. Now read your response.

See any issues?

Mk3 clio 1.5
ok so i miss read it.

what am trying to say is that people may think they were invented in the 80's. but theres a picture in area 51 where there are tft monitors in the picture taken in the 1960's. trying to find it, but cant remember where i saw it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You appeared to have confused the scene in MIB (where J explains that (in a fairly plausable way) human invention and progression is in fact driven by the slow release of alien technology.) with real life, sorry for the double use of brackets.

Mk3 clio 1.5
You appeared to have confused the scene in MIB (where J explains that (in a fairly plausable way) human invention and progression is in fact driven by the slow release of alien technology.) with real life, sorry for the double use of brackets.
haha havent watched that in years! must of been, maybe they're already on to me? :O

Mk3 clio 1.5
if you worked in area 51, how would you explain to your wife where your going every night, if your not alowed? :p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No further questions.

You are either stupid or a troll. One will get you banned.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ok so i miss read it.

what am trying to say is that people may think they were invented in the 80's. but theres a picture in area 51 where there are tft monitors in the picture taken in the 1960's. trying to find it, but cant remember where i saw it.

Sorry did you say area 51? Yes, yes you did.

I'm out.

Actual tears.

IIRC it was independence day.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
EVERY need.
You just claimed not to be stupid and then claimed that LCD TFT screens were in use 30 years before they were invented in a secret military base that you "think" you've seen pictures of.

Mk3 clio 1.5
The word "think" was never used. But am not arguing. knowone knows half the stuff that was invented before it publicised.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Here are three links that prove laberridge to be correct, they all state that tft panels were first invented during the 1960's.

http://www.pcfsz.com/en/html/news.asp?a_id=293

http://www.plasma.com/classroom/what_is_tft_lcd.htm

http://www.cadence.com/rl/Resources/white_papers/icu_tft_wp.pdf second paragraph of introduction

Not looked at the others, but your middle link mentions LCD being invented in the 60s, but doesn't mention when the TFT part was invented

I'm certain it wasn't at the same time, I need to go dig

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
google tv
google are putting fibre in in the US
google voice US only at the moment

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL.

Those links posted are vague and by no means "proof" of anything.

Remember he said they were being used in the 1960's Not just invented, he also said they went on sale in 2002.

google tv
google are putting fibre in in the US
google voice US only at the moment
Google TV is simply their way of getting into the connected TV market. Apple were there so Google had to follow (that seems to be how they currently operate). Laying fibre is an interesting one and I am not sure what their business strategy is around this but its still only a transport medium and a long way from being a broadcaster. Maybe one day they will move into that market but it will almost certainly be via an acquisition/partnership rather that building from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.