ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Music

Inferno 182 CUP
Anybody use this?

I thought it was for US only?

I signed up this morning - it asked for my bank details to verify country which i did and it said account created download google music and upload .. which i now am ..

Im guessing this is like itunes match and will only stream music to my device not actually copy music to it?

If this is the case how do i copy itunes music to a Nexus 4? - im about to get rid of the iphone for one and want to cover all bases so im not short!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes, its easy. Just install the music client to your mac/pc and let it upload.

When its done the music will appear in your play account.

Inferno 182 CUP
Same as itunes match then.

So it then streams to devices not downloads?

How do i actually physically download stuff?

Inferno 182 CUP
Thanks Tom but doesn't really explain how to download actually copies to a device.

Are you using an android now?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I use it. All you need to do is access it through your phone and you can choose which songs you want to download to the device.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes.

(No i'm not using android, but ive set up a s**tload of nexus 4's with this and use it myself on my work PC/iOS)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah lovely. It's the only other phone I'd recommend these days.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I couldn't cope with one tbh. Would drive me nuts. Maybe I'm getting old

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I couldn't cope with one tbh. Would drive me nuts. Maybe I'm getting old

Tbh I honest I had that concern when I switched from being a long time user of an iphone ......

Turns out that in reality nothing really changed, I just got an operating system that isn't 5 years old and showing its age.

There's nothing I miss about my iPhone at all and I guess that shocked me too. My wife's iPhone actually annoys me when I have to use it now.

Who knows what the iPhone 6 and ios8 holds (let's discount the 5s and ios7 because they will have been way down the development chain before apple got blasted and forstall got booted) maybe the king will be back....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tbh I honest I had that concern when I switched from being a long time user of an iphone ......

Turns out that in reality nothing really changed, I just got an operating system that isn't 5 years old and showing its age.

There's nothing I miss about my iPhone at all and I guess that shocked me too. My wife's iPhone actually annoys me when I have to use it now.

Who knows what the iPhone 6 and ios8 holds (let's discount the 5s and ios7 because they will have been way down the development chain before apple got blasted and forstall got booted) maybe the king will be back....

I'm still happy with mine, can't get on with Android.

Been using Google Music at work, for that reason alone its bloody brilliant.

What's even better is the shuffle, shuffles. iTunes seems to ignore the majority of my library and plays the same songs over and over. Officially hate iTunes 11 even more.

epic face lift for Google music.

Done a good job of matching all my music with a smorgasbord of artwork and images. The instant mixes are really very good too.

2014 Focus Titanium
Loving the new facelift for Music! The only thing it lacks is Airplay support in the app, but I can use Bubble Upnp for that. Still be nice to have in the app though like the standard music player.

Mito Sportiva 135
How easy is it to transfer your music library from iTunes into this, does anyone know? If I need to reformat everything I don't think I'll bother.

On another note just got SoundHound - like Shazam, Spotify and YouTube combined. Very decent!

Mito Sportiva 135
Might give it a go then. Just don't want to have to reformat 10k songs if I copied them over...like in WMP all the songs lose their formatting. As I am a Google man this makes sense - I just got iTunes years ago and have stuck with it.

Clio 172
Been using it for my iPhone, as I have a pauper 16gb. It's brilliant. It annoys me when it drops signal, but what can I expect, it's brilliant in every other way. Even I played the 3000 songs didn't take overly long

2014 Focus Titanium
Danny - No idea why the image doesn't work for you as it does for me in different browsers (not signed into dropbox either)

EDIT: Here we go found a way to show the image, icon top left with the little "1" and the two arrows:

Screenshot_2013-05-20-17-07-17.png

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Anyone using the gmusic app on iPhone? It's suddenly stopped working for me, and won't take my account details?