ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 4

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I've had it 3 days, but my initial thoughts are wouldn't bother coming from a iPhone 4s, seams to do some things great, but the basics the iPhone does better IMO. But if you're like me and fancied a change after 3 years of iOS go for it.

Cheers for that. I'd be coming from a 5. I'm really not sure at the minute.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't think the 5 is any better than the 4s, just longer.

If you fancy a change go for it, the only thing I'm missing is iMessage.

Not to mention everyone still with an iPhone, their iPhone still thinks I'm connected to iMessage still.

work for BMW
as i have said previously, i had an iphone 5, pretty fed up of iphones and the lack of innovation and development they are showing with them so i bought a nexus 4. no regrets what so ever with my nexus i love it, so glad i sold my iphone 5

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I miss the fact don't get little "1" icons next to Facebook, messages, emails etc.

Inferno 182 CUP
Having come from an iPhone 5 and being a Mac and iPad user I like the refreshing change. All I miss is imessage. The rest I prefer!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Hmm interesting. I found a few cheap nexus 4 on gumtree. Interesting to swap from a 4s.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to go and have a look at one in the three store. I'll make my mind up after playing with one. It's either going to be one of these or another iPhone 5

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have managed to get my 24 month contract cancelled 6 months in due to poor service so I have to send it back. My thinking was, get something as a stop gap until the 5s is released then I don't end up out of the release cycle.

Lack of expandable memory has put me off, I was planning on an 8gb and expanding but I didn't know you couldn't :(

work for BMW
I have managed to get my 24 month contract cancelled 6 months in due to poor service so I have to send it back. My thinking was, get something as a stop gap until the 5s is released then I don't end up out of the release cycle.

Lack of expandable memory has put me off, I was planning on an 8gb and expanding but I didn't know you couldn't :(

just do yourself a favour and get a nexus 4 :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the iPhone seamed to peak at the 4S the 6 needs to be something truly special. I've reset my nexus to factory, now I know what's going on I've set it up nicely.

Turn off imessage on the old iphone, should stop everyone else's thinking you've still got one. The lock screen time out is in the security section. Set the automatically lock delay to whatever time you want and disable the power button instantly locks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah sorted the auto lock cheers :)

iMessage thing doesn't work though boo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think the iPhone seamed to peak at the 4S the 6 needs to be something truly special. I've reset my nexus to factory, now I know what's going on I've set it up nicely.

Not necessarily, 4s was great and they made it lighter/ thinner and faster?!?

I'm due an upgrade now but will hold on until iOS 7 and the 5s and make a decision then.I just don't like the way Android seems a bit blocky, iOS apps are so smooth.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
OK I've found another issue with the phone, the auto brightness is far too dim and there is no way of adjusting like on the iPhone :(

Not necessarily, 4s was great and they made it lighter/ thinner anfaster?!?

I'm due an upgrade now but will hold on until iOS 7 and the 5s and make a decision then.I just don't like the way Android seems a bit blocky, iOS apps are so smooth.

Agree, but its not a massive step up from the 4S.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ok i've got notifications to work when the phones unlocked, but they don't show up if the phone locked, it's doing my nut in!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Im sure it didn't feel as big in the shop as it does in my hand now :S. First impressions, not to bad hardware wise. I don't think i'll be won over by Android though. I can see me getting a 5s still, in a few months.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve? Did you try chomp sms?

When my phones locked, I want it to light up and show text message, and who it is from.

Chomp does this, but not if my phones locked.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Im sure it didn't feel as big in the shop as it does in my hand now :S. First impressions, not to bad hardware wise. I don't think i'll be won over by Android though. I can see me getting a 5s still, in a few months.

Its massive ain't it! Used my 4S for a bit today, felt faster & so much more fluid

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
When my phones locked, I want it to light up and show text message, and who it is from.

Chomp does this, but not if my phones locked.

On chomp go into settings-notifications-quick reply popup and set it how you want.. You can also set the screen to come on when a message comes in under notifications and/or try the ticker option.
You should get what you're after with that I think.

For you and Gman, give it a few weeks of good use and then try the iphone will feel tiny...
I'd also suggest trying something like nova launcher to customise the feel of it. You can adjust the speed between menus, graphic quality and a million other things to make it fast and smooth.
With dolphin browser set on full screen browsing CS is brilliant.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had an issue with Whatsapp notifications?

When I get a message sometimes they come through other times it's only when I push the button on the side and go onto the home screen that the notification appears at the top of the screen.

I go into whatsapp and I can see that the message was sent a while earlier.

​Any ideas?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Has anyone had an issue with Whatsapp notifications?

When I get a message sometimes they come through other times it's only when I push the button on the side and go onto the home screen that the notification appears at the top of the screen

​Any ideas?

That's the only way I get notifications

If chomp sms doesn't work properly with on screen notifications try Go sms. Worked for me but it annoyed me so I turned if off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It doesn't save webpages you have open when its turned off, boo.