ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a leak some where? any tips on finding where!?

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
Leaking what, oil water, power steering fluid?? if its water go to a garage and have it pressure check, if its oil, jet wash it all off then run the engine and watch it!!​

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Errr, have fun taking the dash out mate! Never done an RSI but all the others are a total b**ch. Shame they don't do the aftermarket matrix like they did for the Renno 5 as it was possible to do without taking the dash out.

Paul

Clown Car
If you have a dampness in the passenger footwell, dap you fingers in it and taste it, if it tastes bitter(no not the alcoholic drink) could well be coolant from heater box/pipes going through bulkhead, if you get your head down in the footwell and look up you may see the pipes going through the bulkhead, if their is any green/white staining around them then they could be leaking.

Or pressure test the cooling system and have a look around under the dash before ripping anything out.

Also check around door seals and windscreen seals.

good ideas apart from the one above sorry woudlnt taste even the smallest amount of coolant the stuff is absolutely deadly

tidyclio said:
good ideas apart from the one above sorry woudlnt taste even the smallest amount of coolant the stuff is absolutely deadly
I've drunk coolent before now and I'm still alive. It tastes absolutly terriable and makes me feel sick even hours later.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
edde said:
I've drunk coolent before now and I'm still alive. It tastes absolutly terriable and makes me feel sick even hours later.

A friend of my dads was poisened with coolent and believe me it was not alot. Perm brain damage.

Paul

Clown Car
tidyclio said:

Lol you are dabbing a small amount on your tongue which is probably a solution of 50% mix with water probably much less, not drinking it by the pint.

I would also spit it out but if you want to swallow that's your choice, ok just for you tidyclio coolant mix also feels and smells different to neat water.

And if it tastes of p1ss someones got a leaking bag.