ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got a new bucket

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I think the idea with the grit guard is that you rub the mitt on it to release any dirt inside the mit. Also when you pull the mit out of the water the mit motion in the water will draw up the water at the bottom of the bucket, what the guard will do is act as a small barrier and keep a significant amount of the water from circulating back up to the top of the bucket from when you take the mit back out. I dont think its intentions are to pyhsically act as a sieve for the dirt but restrain the flow of the water at the bottom of the bucket.

Id sooner just buy another bucket.

16v Dynamique
It doesn't matter if you don't go near the bottom of the bucket...the grit guard stops (to a certain extent) grit particles floating around in the bucket and therefore reuduces the chance of you picking them up and dragging them across your paint.

You should also use the grit guard to wipe your mitt on when you are in the rinse bucket.

I'd love to hear the techincal explanation about how a piece of mesh can stop bits of dirt floating around in the water!

The proof can be seen at the bottom of the bucket my friend.
The "fins" on the bottom of the guard act as a type of baffle to stop the water and grit below the girt guard rising too much when the water in the bucket is aggitated. Or thats how I understand it.

But as i say the grit and dirt that can be seen at the botttom of the rinse bucket is enough for me to use one.

16v Dynamique
Sounds like marketing propaganda to me. But if you think it works then thats cool!

Maybe you're right, but I feel safer using one.

But like you said in your earlier post it would be interesting to see some scientific or at least controlled tests into what a grit guard actually does do.

Mito Sportiva 135
^ Why not, plenty of testing goes on of durability of products, ease of use, looks, which temperature ranges work best for what, curing times etc, although I am not entirely sure how you could test the effectiveness of a grit guard - it is a bit more subjective.

All I can say is 3 bucket method using £1 buckets from Wilkinson's would work just as well or better than 1 bucket with an expensive grit guard and save a lot of money.

16v Dynamique
^ Why not, plenty of testing goes on of durability of products, ease of use, looks, which temperature ranges work best for what, curing times etc, although I am not entirely sure how you could test the effectiveness of a grit guard - it is a bit more subjective.

All I can say is 3 bucket method using £1 buckets from Wilkinson's would work just as well or better than 1 bucket with an expensive grit guard and save a lot of money.

Totally agree with you Brand!

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

Totally agree with you Brand!

Fair enough, i'll wait with baited breath for the results of your exhaustive tests.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha...yeah not a test I am THAT interested about, still not paying £50 for a fricking bucket!

U/R 200
lmao still going, bucket's great used it twice, bucket/seat/storage/kneeling pad.
Nice and comfy when cleaning the wheels. or pc'ing the car.
I did buy 2 recycled paint buckets of line, but the guards dont fit snug, so i just treated meself. so i have three now.
I fill the bucket up in the bath, just some warm water, then top up via the pressure washer, creates loads of foam.
Buckets seem to be expensive as they shipped in via US $70 there.
I also clean odd customers cars so bucket will pay for itself.
I could de-value it by putting some cliosport stickers on it?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
I dont care what it is supposed to do, £50 for a bucket is just insane and besides dont the two bucket meth do exactly what this is ment to do keep the dirt away from the mit ohh and whats the cost oh bargain price of £2.00 for two hmm which to choose from ;)