ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my clio 182 by chance

Clio 182
Hi eveyone,

I am self employed and happened to be at a customers house who was getting a new car. Whilst there tucked in the corner of the garage was a clio 182.

The guy has owned it since new, 41k on the clock. Completly standard with full Renault service history. It had its last service in 2010 where it was sorn, it had all belts done by Renault. He did 4k miles in it since then, then kept it garaged.

I said let me know when your selling it, partly serious. Anyway long story short it cost me £1800, it needs new brakes which I'm looking into doing. It also needs some detailing to get back some poor areas, steering wheel and plastic door bullet badges.

I look forward to any advice and hope to stick around if your have me. Its my first Renault since the 1.8 16v clio and 18v chemade (a looong time ago) and a type R civic and a few kids later.

I have lots of questions :)

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Well done on the surprise purchase. But....... I’m sure other will say exactly the same. The cam belt will still need to be changed regardless of it only doing 4000miles. It’s age dependant as well as mileage. And also we need pictures.

Clio 182
Hi Eddie,

I agree on the cam belt, I am hoping to do as much of the work as possible. I have a friend who is a mechanic, i am going to see if i can do the belt with him in a few weekends time. In between I will do the brakes disks and pads, all fluids and filters.

The issue i have at the moment is the steering wheel, it needs refurbishing. I searched and the name snappy comes up, but that was long go, so not sure if anyone else can be recommended.

Clio 182
Wheels are scuffed, i'm not sure if i will get them reconditioned or find some lighter wheels.

I took the bullet badges off, going to try restore them. Lights need polishing at the front. a couple of marks but overall very good condition,

Attachments

• c1rear rigt.jpg
    c1rear rigt.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 172
  • cfront right.jpg
    cfront right.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 176

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hi Eddie,

I agree on the cam belt, I am hoping to do as much of the work as possible. I have a friend who is a mechanic, i am going to see if i can do the belt with him in a few weekends time. In between I will do the brakes disks and pads, all fluids and filters.

The issue i have at the moment is the steering wheel, it needs refurbishing. I searched and the name snappy comes up, but that was long go, so not sure if anyone else can be recommended.

Good stuff. ? and don’t forget to use @George@RTR_Parts for all your brake components.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Awsome purchase! Definately need to get some pictures up. That is a good find with such low mileage.

On a side note I have a refurbished steering wheel for sale. Was refurbished by Royal steering wheels who also come highly recommended.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Make sure your mechanic friend uses the correct tools or you'll not be friends for long!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Awesome spot! Very lucky to stumble upon that!! A very good buy considering mileage and overall condition.

Awsome purchase! Definately need to get some pictures up. That is a good find with such low mileage.

On a side note I have a refurbished steering wheel for sale. Was refurbished by Royal steering wheels who also come highly recommended.

How much for the wheel out of interest? ;)

Clio 182
Thanks.

I am going to polish out the lights today.

At the moment on my list.

1. Polish out headlights
2. Change oil and filter, airfilter panel (me)
3. Change brake disks and pads all round (me)
4. Cambelt (need to get quotes/ask friend)

My main goal at the moment is to bring the car into its best condition. Then decide what route I take, leave stock or change suspension and lighter wheels.

Clio 182 | Standard Spec