ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got my router, question time!

535d / t5 caravelle
i've got a belkin wireless g router, installing the software and its asking me which type of connection i use, i aint got a f**king clue?
options are

static ip

dynamic ip

pptp

pppoe

anybody care to put that in english for the non computer literate?

535d / t5 caravelle
a modem i think mate, i have just bought a router which i think i will be plugging into the modem

172 Cup
pppoe and most probably dynamic IP unless you've been issued a static IP but I doubt it.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
What ISP are you with...VirginMedia is Dynamic btw, had to reset mine over the weekend!

Clio RS 172 '00
just check this on the pc who is normally connected to the modem from your provider:

click start
choose run and type cmd puch enter button
you now get a black windows just type in ipconfig/all

if you see a ppp adapter you need to use PPPOE otherwise it should be dynamic DHCP

535d / t5 caravelle
yeah........got it working, i tried with pppoe at first, but nothing, then tried with dynamic, and its up and running cheers folks:D

^Will do for you too. Seen a willy around a couple of times that could have been you actually.