ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got new graphic card finally..

Audi S3 225
just bought a PowerColor ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB from www.overclockers.co.uk, as they seemed the cheapest. Was so close to getting a geforce 7800 gtx 512mb for a little bit more but decided to get the radeon and buy some 1 gig memory instead.

At some point in the next few months i may even buy a new motherboard with crossfire support and run two of these badboys!

Should be a big jump from my 30 quid geforce 6200se turbocache card im using at the mo, cant belive they stick cards like this in new computers nowadays, defiently worth bulding your own if ya got the money.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got one of those in an X2 4800 I put together last week. When the Crossfire master card is out I'll get that and see what two of them can do.

Audi S3 225
Hey, got the card 2day, fitted it along with the extra memory and im quite pleased with performance in most games except fear, it looks amazing, but at 1280-1024 and with everything up full except soft shadows it doesnt run as well as i would have thought it would, is this the same for most people, is it just the way the games been progammed?

My system specs are p4 3.6ghz, 2 gig, x1800 xp 512mb, 300gig sata drive, win xp.

Any ideas? maybe tweaks i can do to sort it

Allan

Monaro VXR
Fear is really dependant on the graphics card. What settings have you got your antialiasing and anisotropic filtering at?

If you got it at like 6x and 16x dont expect to get 1600x1200 out of the game or 1280x960 and it still run smooth.

Audi S3 225
wozzaa ya i ran it with 6x and 16x, i lowered the resolution down to 1024-768 with everything up and it runs a bit better, think its just that game as halflife, doom, quake and nfsmw all play wicked.

Audi S3 225
ya ive come to accept that it aint gonna play smooth as long as my other games run fine tho, just played call of duty 2 and thats bloody amazing the graphics and gameplay are wicked! Might stop playing fear and play a bit of this for a while!

Monaro VXR
I woulda knocked down the AA myself at the higher res's mainly cause its not as noticeable in the higher reolutions. And id rather play at a higher res than with slightly less jagged lines.