ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got reversed into, need advice on dent repair

1.2 16v Dynamique
So sorry if this is in the wrong forum, if a mod could move it elsewhere then thanks a bunch :smile:
Neighbour reversed into my car the other day (I wasnt in the car at the time but the guy knocked on the door and admitted hitting my car)
He said he would pay for the damage as it was his fault, but I was curious on how much its going to cost roughly (if I need to go to a garage or some form of body shop)

Will attach the pics but I would love to hear your opinions on what to do!

Many thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Personally ? I'd just leave it. If he's paying for it - get a quote for a proper job and go from there.

De-dent bod might be able to do something cheaper ? @Hans. what do you think to this ?

Paint .. might be a cheap bodge job with half a ton of filler or might be more than the value of the car if it's going to be done 'properly'...

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
That's pretty fooking bad. It would't just be a case of a new bumper either lol.
Can't tell from the pics but is the bit where the rear quarter and bumper meet, is that pushed right in or is the bit on the quarter pushed out?

Either way, bodyshop it or leave it and use the money to buy something better when you can...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Is it worth you repairing? Do you love this car or are you using it until you can get what you want?

I'd personally leave it and bank the money for the next car - the first thing I'd do though is get rid of those w**k rear lights :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
That's pretty fooking bad. It would't just be a case of a new bumper either lol.
Can't tell from the pics but is the bit where the rear quarter and bumper meet, is that pushed right in or is the bit on the quarter pushed out?

Either way, bodyshop it or leave it and use the money to buy something better when you can...

The bumper bit isnt too badly pushed in (its damaged for sure but I have a scratch on the other side anyway so I gave up on that lol) Its definitely pushed in though, I might get a quote from a body shop and see what they say.

Is it worth you repairing? Do you love this car or are you using it until you can get what you want?

I'd personally leave it and bank the money for the next car - the first thing I'd do though is get rid of those w**k rear lights :smile:

I love the car for sure, like its mechanically sound (only advisory was a nail in my tyre) Its my little baby which is why I'd prefer it being fixed but if its gonna cost a lot, then I will just have to live with it I guess :p

Another thing though, when I take the car up to 25mph I can hear a lot of noise (I am assuming from the air vibrating off the side I dont know)
if that factors anything at all.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If you love it then get it repaired but do it properly - get plenty of quotes and show them to the chap paying and who you want to use and why.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Taking the car to a bodyshop today to get a quote, after I have looked back at the dent, I dont think it as bad as it looks... So I hope anyway, will see what the bodyshop say about it I guess.

1.2 16v Dynamique
£400 to fix it, better than I thought it would be in all honesty. Dependent on other quotes is dependent on where I go or if I leave it.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Update on this, the guy gave me the money (after saying he was going to talk to the insurers) Hopefully getting it booked into fixed this week before I go back to University.

Good news :smiley:

To give more insight to the damage, the bumper has been hit and has curved a little bit so was rubbing against the tyres, when driving you can hear it rubbing against it horribly so probably some tyre damage too but we can cross that when it comes to it.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If the worst comes to the worst this is what I will have to do I suppose.
When I used to do total loss claims I would have written that off with that damage as there's potentially geo problems with the rear wheel blah blah.
If you've got your estimate though and accept liab for any additional repair costs then insurance wouldn't be a bad if it goes that way.

1.2 16v Dynamique
When I used to do total loss claims I would have written that off with that damage as there's potentially geo problems with the rear wheel blah blah.
If you've got your estimate though and accept liab for any additional repair costs then insurance wouldn't be a bad if it goes that way.
Tbh the idea of writing it off has crossed my mind, I do love the car but if it is going to start costing eventually then I may have no choice. We will see once the damage gets fixed what the score is with everything.