ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 6

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm loving this game. I'm a long time Forza fan. I wouldn't say I'm converted, but as a game this is more addictive than Forza for sure.

The car collecting element and getting your licences and not having too much money.

The AI is a joke though, I've lost 1 race so far and that was a case of me completely losing it on the last lap, even then I only lost by 0.1 seconds annoyingly. I haven't seen a difficulty setting anywhere - does it exist?

Also, I've noticed the fuel doesn't seem to go down, nor do the condition of my tyres. Am I missing something?

Golf R32
I'm not that far into it yet but if its anything like the older games, tyres don't really get affected till you start the endurance races. So far i've only lost one race and that was because the AI stuck to its straight path and wasn't deviating and due to me being in said path, the AI car being faster on the straights it nudged me straight off on the final lap

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I'm loving this game. I'm a long time Forza fan. I wouldn't say I'm converted, but as a game this is more addictive than Forza for sure.

The car collecting element and getting your licences and not having too much money.

The AI is a joke though, I've lost 1 race so far and that was a case of me completely losing it on the last lap, even then I only lost by 0.1 seconds annoyingly. I haven't seen a difficulty setting anywhere - does it exist?

Also, I've noticed the fuel doesn't seem to go down, nor do the condition of my tyres. Am I missing something?

Tyre and fuel depletion are only effective once you reach S class which hold the mini endurance races ( 24 mins as opposed to 24 hours etc ) , Problem is at the min there is some sort of tyre bug where your 1st set of tyres last around 5-7 laps depending on compound and when pitting and switching to the second set will only last 4-5 laps at best which is inconsistent and ruins any strategy you have:S doesn't seem to effect AI cars though. Also they show no mercy what so ever and will have you off in a second if you try cross their path:mad: Many times I nearly ripped the G25 off the playseat in absolute rage:clown:

I have finished the 1 player now and got 100% which is every event Gold, just enjoy doing solo time trials and playing online now.... A new track is on the way which is longer than the Nurburgring, think its based in Spain somewhere.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I was going by their Corporate Profile which states 110 employees compared to something like square-enix which has some 3782 employees... but either way I for one hope they do well with GT7, they pushed the ps3 hard so hopefully they can do it again with an even better bit of hardware:)
Ah, got ya. I wondered where the figure came from. I have to admit I have a bit of inside info as a former colleague of mine works on one of the art teams :) Being (effectively) part of Sony, and a flagship AAA developer, they tend to draft people in/out as needed. But yes, I agree mate - I hope they do well with GT7. It should be quite special.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up at the weekend after nabbing myself a PS3 on the cheap. Literally only installed the 4.55 system software, my PSN username (Minus-Xero - if anyone was interested?) and this. Noticed the hefty patches - 1.2GB, 276MB+ files that needed downloading first, but I always look on patches as improvements/fixes, rather than anything else. ;)

My last foray into the GT world was a rather lacklustre GT2 way back on the PS1. I loved the original, so I'm kind of hoping that this is much the same, but just a bit prettier.

D.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The thing I like about GT is that fast cars actually feel fast.

Things like STI imprezas feel slow on Forza but I got a 2004 STI spec C on GT6 the other day and it feels rapid!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
The thing I like about GT is that fast cars actually feel fast.

Things like STI imprezas feel slow on Forza but I got a 2004 STI spec C on GT6 the other day and it feels rapid!

Also things are mental when they should be. 800bhp 66' GT40 that does not stay in a straight line well lol

I have just got onto S Level and the game has changed. Tyre strategy is annoying and its easier to drive Suzuka in the wet on race tyres than intermediates and full wets. As said AI cars take no prisoners and once you leave the track you've lost the race. Apart from that it is just as addictive as other previous versions.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've not got anything truly insane yet. Quite funny watching the 120d pop and bang on downshifts... Pretty sure diesels don't do that.

It's certainly not perfect handling IMO. But I really like the ability to limit power/add ballast. If you took the best of Forza and GT you'd have the best driving game. Oh and the AI from neither as it's too easy on both (although I'm not on S class races yet)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My copy from Amazon arrived today, daughter in bed, wife at work, time to play... :approve:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Not got to the final tier races yet but enjoying IA quite a lot.

Done a few online this year with GTPlanet people which have been great.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I find GT6 more of an 'honest' game than Forza.

Forza is a little too arcadey and while GT6 is far from the simulation it reports to be, it is better as a driving game than Turn 10's offering, imo.

However, it's such a shame that GT6 can't report torque figures in a number that's relevant. The metric system is just purely meaningless - almost as bad as putting speed in km/h..... ;)

D.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I played this a while ago. Turns out I came 8th and am going down to Silverstone next month to race the other top 25 people in GT6. Should be an interesting day!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
You came 8th in this years GT Academy ?:eek: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2014/rankings/

If so Congratulations and good luck.....

My best was about 750th but i didn't exactly put much effort in after seeing how fast the top players were/are!

No, I'm not that good lol! I came 12th actually (just remembered lol was 8th at the time I played it) in the random GTR mini game on Facebook where you use the keyboard to brake into a stopping zone, do a quarter mile and go round a slalom and course. Only had a 3-4 goes on it then forgot about it.

The top 8 on the day at Silverstone get into the Academy national finals though (which is held the day after), so fingers crossed I'm quick enough! Think the finals involve some actual driving and fitness stuff (working on that!).

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Does anyone know any news of a ps4 version of this or dates on Gran Turismo 7? I sold my ps3 thinking it would come out on the new console, but for some reason they kept it on the old one :(