ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 6

Focus ST170
Have heard that the silverstone event is a anniversary event of GT1 and a recording session for GT6... From an industry insider to do with SCEE.
J

Suzuki Swift Sport
I do hope they improve the engine sounds for the next game! Also better car physics would be nice, not holding out for a miracle though!

The last game was easily the worst driving game I've ever played. Looked pretty but utterly joyless in every single way.

182 Cup
Sounds have been actual recordings on the last two games at least iirc, gotta you tube vids or summat, I'm sure I unlocked a making of type video in the game at some point or on the gttv part.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
God that last one was embarrassing. 5 years in the making? Felt like I had gone back in time 5 years!

Clio 1.2 mk2
GT4 was so much better than 5. I recon it will be multiplatform. PS3 and PS4. Still got a lot of work to make it worthwhile. I still play GT5 with a few mates online but most of the time it just annoys me.

172 Cup
Sounds have been actual recordings on the last two games at least iirc, gotta you tube vids or summat, I'm sure I unlocked a making of type video in the game at some point or on the gttv part.

I think the car sounds have been a mix of authentic and synthetic. For example, a stock R34 Skyline seems to sound pretty similar in the game as it does in real life, but the Sauber C9 sounds are way off the mark!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
aa8knczvain.gif

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The last game was easily the worst driving game I've ever played. Looked pretty but utterly joyless in every single way.

Try playing Test Drive Unlimited 2. Hairdressers, plastic surgery and fashion shopping in a racing game? WTF. And don't even mention the physics. Makes GT5 look good.

I may keep an eye on this, but physics wise it doesn't press my buttons, and graphics wise it's not as good as I'd like either, those textured leaves on the ground are comical.

I agree. Although TDU isn't really claiming to be a proper driving simulator. Ironically, at least TDU is actually fun to play, unlike the irritating snore-fest of GT5.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Probably not the most exciting of news, but the GT6 demo/GT Academy is currently out to download. Doesn't seem to be any improvement over the last effort imo.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Me too, the races were too short and the fields too small, and that time trial was boring as hell, but then I'm not into driving over and over to knock tenths of a second off my laps.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I spent a couple hours on the demo, liking the new physics and graphics. If the promises they've made materialise properly then it should be a big improvement over 5.

Goodwood has been confirmed as a track too.

They had the Goodwood hill course running on demo pods at the FoS, only had a brief play but the handling felt far more 'agreeable' to me than previous GT games, dare I say slightly leaning towards Forza, which should mean the slower stuff is more enjoyable to drive.

RS Clio 182
I used to be a massive Gran Turismo fan in the PS1 and PS2 days - but since playing racers like codemasters' F1 & Grid,the actual racing in GT really bores me - theres absolutely no action in the races - i dont get the feeling like in F1 where youre battling for a finishing position or points. GT6 could be the first one i dont buy. In fact i dont think i will be...unless somehow they make the whole racing experience a lot more tense & exciting. The main appeal of GT5 for me was the photo mode.

I hated how they got rid of little things like your all time best lap time for that track,it gave you something to aim to beat - not it just resets when you go back to the same track. Surely these details are the most important thing about racing games?