ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenlight Insurance Review

Hey guys,

Recently brought a 182 as a weekend toy after selling my E39 M5 and got a few quotes online, Admiral came up the cheapest and I was planning to call them on my lunch break yesterday and buy the policy but Neil from Greenlight got back to my e-mail (I e-mailed Greenlight and Sky both) and I phoned him.

He was very helpful and quickly quoted me over the phone, it came in under £400 cheaper then Admiral. Well chuffed :D

Happy to say I'm now a Greenlight customer :)

Ekin

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats good news! Greenlight seem to be doing really well at the moment with Clio's - i'll definatley give them a phone at renewal!

M5 to a Clio?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Ekin

Thanks mate. With it being lower mileage mate you meet our reduced mileage policy scheme perfectly hence the difference in price over the admiral higher mileage policy.

The Cliosport models are actually one of our best performing cars (claims wise) so we are able to quote them at very competitive prices.....Basically we cant get enought of them

If you decide to add any additional mods accross the year Ekin just drop me a PM....or if you wanted to organise any track day cover.

Danny drop me a PM when you are ready for a quote i'll run one through for you personally.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Neil, what are Greenlight like with mods ? Are you as good as Brentacre ? (Adding extra mods for free during the policy)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil, what are Greenlight like with mods ? Are you as good as Brentacre ? (Adding extra mods for free during the policy)

We dont charge for mid term mods and can cover all sorts of parts like Roll Cages, Suspension throttle bodies etc....We have BHP Bandings so you can do unlimited mods inside that bracket before the price changes. All mods are covered like for like.

If you wanted to PM me your contact number id be happy to contact you to run a quote through. We can also offer Agreed Value Cover (free of charge) and Track Day Cover at £45 per day.

If you cover less than 7500 miles a year you would also qualify for our recuced mileage discount which can massively help the prices.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

FF Clio 182
We dont charge for mid term mods and can cover all sorts of parts like Roll Cages, Suspension throttle bodies etc....We have BHP Bandings so you can do unlimited mods inside that bracket before the price changes. All mods are covered like for like.

If you wanted to PM me your contact number id be happy to contact you to run a quote through. We can also offer Agreed Value Cover (free of charge) and Track Day Cover at £45 per day.

If you cover less than 7500 miles a year you would also qualify for our recuced mileage discount which can massively help the prices.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Thinking about buying a Clio 182 from what I have heard I am certainly saving your contact details. Would it effect my quote even tho I have been in an accident that wasn't my fault?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Thinking about buying a Clio 182 from what I have heard I am certainly saving your contact details. Would it effect my quote even tho I have been in an accident that wasn't my fault?

Calvin

No mate if the claim was non fault it would not effect your policy price with us. If you wanted me to run a quote through for you just drop me a PM with your contact number and i'll call your to run a price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

225 meg
Neil you sure go out your way to help fellow car enthusiasts, will need to drop you a pm nearer the time of renewal for me

Paul

Ph 1 172

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

ill be calling within the next 2 days sounds great as I only do 5000-6000 miles a year

Ford Mustang 5.0
Just wondering, how much do 'extra miles' cost if you go over 7500?

Its usually just a small fee to go into the next bracket which is up to 12k miles. However if you only go over slightly we would refer to the underwriters and its unlikely they would charge at all.

Its really flexible scheme so you are not tied into the original bracket that you purchase.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
0177 376000

Ford Mustang 5.0
ill be calling within the next 2 days sounds great as I only do 5000-6000 miles a year

Excellent news mate. If you wanted to drop me a PM i can give you a call personally to run the details and organise you a good price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Its usually just a small fee to go into the next bracket which is up to 12k miles. However if you only go over slightly we would refer to the underwriters and its unlikely they would charge at all.

Its really flexible scheme so you are not tied into the original bracket that you purchase.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
0177 376000

How much is a small fee though? Is it like a percentage of the premium?