ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings from a Newbie ;-)

Hi you lot, ;)

Looking to buy a racing blue 182 with cup pack brand new... Need as much advice as possible, so will dig around the forum for a week or so. If theres anything vital, please let me know now!

Only just discovered your forum - looks good.

Cheers for any help. What an awesome car.

RB182.

welcome and enjoy

Jay

[Edited by boyracer666 on 12 August 2004 at 4:36pm]

u own a zonda? or is that there for u wanting one or somat

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 12 August 2004

welcome and enjoy

Jay

As I said to Matt, it asked me what car I drive when I registered... Honest is borin! Dream land is better!

Quote: Originally posted by Racing Blue 182 on 12 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 12 August 2004

welcome and enjoy

Jay

As I said to Matt, it asked me what car I drive when I registered... Honest is borin! Dream land is better!

that i do agree with sir

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Join, its the best forum in the land - as you can see Im no longer a Clio man but I still hang around!

Mini Cooper S sport

Welcome :)

Much as I love my 172, I still wish I had the 182...couldnt quite stretch to another 3.5k+ though...

Where are you getting the 182 from? If its not friends & family Id check the archive for advice on getting the best price, and imports/pre-reg cars..

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 12 August 2004

Welcome :)

Much as I love my 172, I still wish I had the 182...couldnt quite stretch to another 3.5k+ though...

Where are you getting the 182 from? If its not friends & family Id check the archive for advice on getting the best price, and imports/pre-reg cars..

Hi Mate,

Might get it through a main dealer for peace of mind or as a company car... How much would the tax be per month if I did that? Anyone know?

The racing blue colour with twin white stripes looks sooooo good imo... What do you guys think?

RB182.

Racing blue is my 2nd fav colour mate. I would go for the stripes aswell.

Its nice to see some different colours to the silver/black/arctic blue that you normally see.

Make sure you get the cup suspension pack aswell. When you hoping to get it mate. Huge delay on dealers at the moment. If you are after one quickly a pre-reg or import will be your best bet.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 13 August 2004

Its nice to see some different colours to the silver/black/arctic blue that you normally see.

Make sure you get the cup suspension pack aswell. When you hoping to get it mate. Huge delay on dealers at the moment. If you are after one quickly a pre-reg or import will be your best bet.

I like it because of its Cordini heritage more than anything... The arctic blue is great, but everywhere. I think the racing blue makes a statement especially with the stripes... Certainly a head turner! :cool:

Was hoping to get one within 3 or 4 months of ordering. I appreciate that these little cars are popular and selling like hot cakes - thats because they rule! Hot hatch king by all accounts.

Thanks for the tip about the cup pack - how much extra is that and what do you get apart from lowered susp and anthracite alloys?

2004 1.2 Dynamique

whats youar favourite colour then?

Liquid yellow ofcourse :p

Cup Suspension is £200, and you get Michelin Exalto 2 tyres with stiffer sidewalls, a 3mm lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers and new steering geometry plus Anthracite colour wheels. And the anth wheels look the dogs on racing blue imo.

Lead time for the cars is about 12 weeks i think.

Liquid yellow ofcourse :p

Cup Suspension is £200, and you get Michelin Exalto 2 tyres with stiffer sidewalls, a 3mm lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers and new steering geometry plus Anthracite colour wheels. And the anth wheels look the dogs on racing blue imo.

Lead time for the cars is about 12 weeks i think.

Sounds like a must have for 200 squid - done! 12 weeks is no problem - not a bad lead time for a top motor.

Would quite like it lower than an extra 3mm - might get it dropped another 25mm to look even more :cool:

Whats the ride like with the cup pack - hard or comfortable?

Black Kro - sorry about my spelling of Gordini - that was poor on my part.

If you are going to change the springs anyway to lower it. Unless you want the anthractite alloys it may not be worth you getting the cup suspension.

Just get some eibachs or something.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

im thinking of gettin my car lowered a little bit more at the front when i get back off holiday

Dont think Ill bother getting it lowered if the Cup pack is tuned to perfect the handling... Ill see how it goes to begin with.

Defo want the anthracite alloys - they look wicked.

Anyone got any pics of their own racing blue with white stripes? Cant find many on here. Really want to see one in the flesh, but havent yet.

Thanks for all your friendly help guys.

Dont think there is anyone on here with the racing blue with stripes.

There are a couple of plain racing blues, and one artic with after market stripes.

There are a couple of plain racing blues, and one artic with after market stripes.

Why is that? Dont you guys like the rb with stripes then?

On the up side, Ill be the first!!!! Nice!

Quote: Originally posted by Racing Blue 182 on 13 August 2004

Its not been available from Renault so thats why people havent got it!

Hello and Welcome btw.

Get in the queue!! ;)

Kev.

Quote: Originally posted by Kev. on 13 August 2004

Get in the queue!! ;)

Kev.

Lol! I know my place mate - right behind you by the sound of it!!! Will it be 12 weeks for one of these special babies as well? I REALLY want one.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

yep!

looks cool thou

do a search - there are pics on here

AND the BLue with Stripes looks fookin ace - seen one at Motorshow and one on road!!