ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greetings from Sweden

R5 Alpine, Clio 16v
Hello!

My name is Linus i'm 22 years old and I live in Sweden!

I've feel down the clio hole when my friend sold me his Clio Valver for just 80£!
Shortly after that i found myself in my car, trailing a pre Clio Cup 1992 thats been both in the Swedish Clio Cup and later on in other different endurance race series!
its fitted with for example Sellholm Coilovers in the front with solid top mounts. R19 16v wishbones, welded rollcage, 6point harness, no interiour except from the standard dashboard. Lap timer and a real lambda sensor.
Among many other goodies, so far it has a wracking 4800 kilometer on its Clock!

I also have a Alpine 5 (known as R5 Gordini in the UK) and a Alpine 5 Turbo (r5 Gordini Turbo) so Renault hatchbacks is what i'm all about =)

Also got plenty of friends intressted in the same kind of cars, so we are now (not counting me) 2x Renault 5 GTE 1988 2x Clio Valver 1x Clio 172 ph1 and 1x Megane F7R.

I hope to find many interesting things and facts over here. But also to bring my knowledge to you guys!
See you out there

//Linus

R5 Alpine, Clio 16v
Hejsan where in Sweden do you live?

Hello! Just 25 miles outside Gothenburg =)

Welcome to ClioSport, Alpine Linus :)

Welcome!

Get some pictures up of your cars please when you get chance

Thanks guys =) What a warm welcome!

Pictures of the cars....hm...

The 80£ car looked like this when i first bought it, sorry for horrible Picture:

wynw.jpg

The car sat outside unloved for 8 years in Swedish westcoast climate (snow, saltwaterwinds etc.)
unloved engine compartment:

b34p.jpg

The car is now under full reconstruation (first plans for this car was just to split for pieces but it wasent unsaveable so I figured i better save a Swedish Valver instead of scrapping it!)

"Im just going to do a fast.... Little... thing... here...."
(Well that escalated quickly)

6it2.jpg

Full strip and total repaint inside/out!

vdak.jpg

Moving over to the Cup version car, Pictures are from previous owners since i dident have the time to take any decent photos at all yet!
viba.jpg

7pay.jpg

2tlc.jpg