ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Megane Coupé Maxi kitcar turbo with 6 speed box --96

Megane I 2,0 16v
Hello
after a R5 gte with f7p engine and clio sport jc5-089 box my next build will be a megane coupe, got hold of a car and a maxi kit, I have a f7RT engine already built for the 5 so my plan was to fit that, but due to Swedish laws i couldn't use my f7rt in a F7r car, so i had to buy a 1,6, as the only way to build a turbo engine and use it was to register the car as a modified and to do that is to change the engine,gearbox and complete brake system and the 1,6 had wrong parts for me so throw all parts from the 1,6 and fit 2,0 parts :) you also have to run the car on e85 instead of petrol.
I had 325mm hispec brakes on my 5 so those brakes will go on this car, rear brakes isn't fixed yet but i think there will be some standard F7 disks or some laguna I 265mm disks as i have in the garage.

Engine is a F7r with H rods and wössner pistons, volvo s60R injectors and saab 9-5 aero turbo.
Gearbox NDO-000
front suspension is megane cup , its 40mm wider/ side but will need twice, doesent have megane cup coilvers, so my plan is to build my own coilovers with parts from a saffrane with air suspension, they have electic contolled damping so i will try to build coilvers from them :)

my next plan is to try to use Renault perfohub instead .

started to build rear arches on the 1,6 but now i have found a megane with maxi kit and new paint in a colour i was thinking (without engine and box )
so i will have to see how that turns out. it also has a megane cup rear axle
rear axle need to be wider so that is something that will take some time

gearbox is hydralic so i have bought willwood pedals

1397280_10201193038165968_1660331270_o_zpsb1b8aa4b.jpg

1277537_10201193034765883_805959532_o_zpscae0386a.jpg

1266067_10201193076526927_52178706_o_zpsb99957c0.jpg

976802_10201193082807084_1599533132_o_zpsec7ed2ac.jpg

Megane, Clio
It is going to be hell of a job to remake both axles, never saw a single maxi project (original excluded) with wheels standing in a right position...
But if they did this back in 1998, why can't you? :) This project gonna be a pure art of mechanical engineering ;)
Came up with an idea while typing, lol: with a little bit of cutting and welding you could easily modify old torsion bar rear axle. Just need to re position rear dampers mounting points, cut old axle in half and make it longer and buy 4 custom made torsion bars (length increased).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 671

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It is going to be hell of a job to remake both axles, never saw a single maxi project (original excluded) with wheels standing in a right position...
But if they did this back in 1998, why can't you? :smile: This project gonna be a pure art of mechanical engineering :wink:
Came up with an idea while typing, lol: with a little bit of cutting and welding you could easily modify old torsion bar rear axle. Just need to re position rear dampers mounting points, cut old axle in half and make it longer and buy 4 custom made torsion bars (length increased).
It has been done ...

Can't find any pictures of it atm though

Megane I 2,0 16v
But if they did this back in 1998, why can't you? :smile: This project gonna be a pure art of mechanical engineering :wink:
you cant just cut it in half as you need to make the arms longer and not the fixing points, so if i do like you say i cant fit the axle in the air :)
will make other stubaxles with spacers and fit to my cup rear axle. front will be RS II spindles.

Megane I 2,0 16v
F4r engine stripped and away for re boring to 83mm with stressplate, head of for adjusting of valve seats, have 630cc injectors at home and 172 cams, have payed for a special cam pulley to be able to use them, but haven't got it yet (over 1 month now) :(

Megane I 2,0 16v
Got the campulley, engine block with arp headbolts, cylinderhead with 3 angled valveseats and resurfaced valves, pec rods, wössner pistons.
Megane Rs driveshafts, perfohubs and struts