ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grinding noise in 1st and 2nd

Clio Cup 172
Hi i'm new to the site just bought a clio sport :D I have a problem i hope you can help me with. When i accelerate hard in 1st or 2nd and only in these 2 gears at about 5000 rpm a weird vibrating/grinding noise comes from the front, can't pinpoint exactly where its coming from but it sounds close to the gear box. It was suggested to me that it might be the engine mounts but i'm not sure. Can anyone help? the car runs fine but its worrying me

Many thanks

Clio Cup 172
So it is the mounts then, i've been to a couple of places and none stock the sport engine mounts do you know where i can get some. Thanks for the help

Clio Cup 172
If it is just the engine mounts is it going to do any damage if i leave it til i get the funds to fix it?

Clio Cup 172
Ok mate thanks for the help i'll try the places that were recommended to get the engine mounts, i'll try the cheaper engine mounts first and if the noise is still there i'll have to change the drive shaft.

Thanks all!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Dont take most of the advice on here for Gospel unless it comes from the likes of Fred!