ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grinding under breaking

think its rear as front disk/pads look fresh and no grooves on disk

how ever when the gf breaks the rear drums seem to grind, i have removed the drum there is deffinetl 3mm of shoe material left, i sprayed them with break cleaner re assembled it and it was fine for two days now its grinding again,

only grinds under breaking :S

might change the shoes see if it changes anything

her winging and me not being able to see a problem is annoying me now :mad:

haynes manual says friction material minimum 2mm maybe i have gone over 2mm and it meant to grind to make you change them? :S

C

clio-lord

is there a lip on the drum? or even the outside as it sits in the back plate

things grow when hot

Clio mk2 ph1 "S"
yer i replaced the bearing, also had to replace the brake cylinder on that drum too , as it was leaking slightly. After doing that it seemed fine for a couple of day and has now come back

C

clio-lord

maybe not cleaned the brake fluid off the drum. sometimes if its been leaking for a long time. it gets in the metal. i spray brake cleaner on it and set fire to it. burn the fluid out. off the car that is lol

Clio mk2 ph1 "S"
nope cleaned it all up, as far as i can tell the is no reason for y its making this noise, it does disappear after braking hard a couple of time, but always seems to come back

nope cleaned it all up, as far as i can tell the is no reason for y its making this noise, it does disappear after braking hard a couple of time, but always seems to come back

put new shoes in, might be contaminated,
hers was grinding a tiny bit first time she used the brakes today but then it soon disappeared, she will have to live with it untill the weather gets better and i cba to fit new shoes,

i hate drum brakes :mad: