ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N & 197 cams - graphs

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So Grp n offers a couple of benefits. It gives a better midrange punch that you don’t get with the standard engine, and it also alters the dynamic compression ratio. You do get some improvement in the power up top as well, but I never felt the need to rev mine out - and I’ve got proof for anyone that wishes to watch and make the decision for themselves:

You can see and hear that the engine isn’t being maxed out in the revs, and the shift light under the binnacle also shows it. I guess you have to make the decision for yourselves though really.

I’ve seen results from the various setups and the Grp n always seems to look better on the graphs over the 197 cams. But, there’s no denying that they do give improvements, even more so when the 730/736/738 engine is built up using 197 internals.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
What the hell is that at the front. Is that a larger plenum?

It's an original RS2 carbon inlet chap, well documented modification from a number of years back. Been knocked off by other imitations and re-creations more recently but this is imo the original and best design.

Tend to find they lend themselves well to peak power and linear torque curve with a sacrifice in peak torque, so area under the curve improves. Drives very nicely. Plus added bonus in less weight than original manifolds and looks prettier. Helps keep the car around 860kg

Search the forums here, fair few fitted them.