ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Policy Issue

Hi,

If anyone has any experience of GPO on a SBS2003 domain I would appreciate your help.

There is a basic OU of SBS Users with a sub OU of a remote office. Folder redirection for My Docs has been configured on the sub OU and works for the majority of users. However, I have a handful of users who's My Docs location fails to redirect from its current location showing event ID's 1030 and 1058 in Event Viewer on the local machine (Windows XP Pro). Looking on the net and MS, it would appear that a fix was implemented in XP Pro SP2 which is the only assistance they really offer but all machines are fully up to date including SP2.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you redirecting to a network folder or another location on the local machine? Only thing I can think is that its trying to redirect before the new location is mapped/connected.

It's mapping to from an existing network share to a share on a new server. If another user logs onto the machine it redirects fine, it appears to be these user accounts rather than a machine issue...?

Do they have permissions to the new share?

Unless its something to do with sbs? Never used that.

Problem solved - turns out it was out of date user credentials stored for the user. Rectified by using 'control userpasswords2' and deleting the stored data.

Cheers

Better than yours. C*nt.
Local profiles also can be a pain in the backside, make sure they're cleared down regularly if you have niggly problems like this.

We've got these problems on our Citrix servers - causes massive clogs on the HDD as there's no need for it, and while they're only small we're only running mirrored 18gb drives, so it soon starts filling up (particularly after a full Office install, and our other 'Intranet/Office' applications.