ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRP bonnet, who makes the best?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
If you haven’t already, perhaps look at swapping to a LiFe04 battery. You’ll save more weight and cost less by time you factor in paint and fitting.
Let’s be honest, composite parts are always shite quality and will look hideous on a daily.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't know the actual weight of a bonnet but when I bought one 2nd hand I was surprised just how light a standard bonnet is.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
If you haven’t already, perhaps look at swapping to a LiFe04 battery. You’ll save more weight and cost less by time you factor in paint and fitting.
Let’s be honest, composite parts are always shite quality and will look hideous on a daily.
Already have a small battery, that's why I wanna do the bonnet.
Want to lose as much at the front as possible.....

ITB 16v hybrid
Since CF isn't available anymore, who makes the best GRP bonnets?
Used on a daily, so willing to trade weight for a bit of stiffness.
Aerocatches will be fitted of course.
Hi,

Im thinking about starting a run of CF bonnets, these will be OE fitment or can be just the top skin to save weight.

These won't be your normal "carbon" bonnets backed up with a load of fibreglass, all plies are carbon and properly vacuum bagged.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Mat