ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRR - PROBLEM!! -- HELP!!

my car keeps cutting out. when i put the clutch in and it drops down the revs it every so often (only once or twice when first starting up cold) it carries on past 900rpm and cuts off. and sometimes from cold when i accelerate it holds back at about 2500 revs and judders then goes fine again.

what can this be?

- i think my fuel filter needs replacing! would that cause it? anything else?

thanx peeps!!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Idle control valve is sticking !! Me thinks !!

Mine did it until i replaced it !!

i dont know, but its an idle valve so will be connected to the inlet manifold/ airbox somewhere. sorry i cant be anymore help than that but i havnt got a valver or looked under the bonnet too closely of one tbh bud :oops:

pipe leaves the airbox goes to a canister with an electrical connection on it and then into the manifold. Cant miss it.

Is it fine when it is warm then?

Have you just had a service/oil change?

This happened to me when I topped up my oil; If you spill any oil it leaks into the plug wells and the leads get all oily. Mine had exactly the same symptons as yours. Just take each lead off and clean the oil off.