ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grrrrr

Its not uncommon for a few tiles to come off houses in my street during extreme winds like last night.

So thinking ahead I moved my car to a safe area, and enjoyed the rest of the night in the knowledge that i wouldnt find any tiles smashed on the roof of my car.

I went out this morning only to find a wheelie bin had blown into the side of my car :mad:

I now have a nice scuff on the back bumper. It doesnt look like its gone through the clear coat, so do you think something like t-cut should do the job?

T-cut or similar should be fine. Try giving it a less abrasive polish (e.g. Autoglym Super Resin) first.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The wind has totally ripped up and destroyed my front gates.Luckily my 182 is safe in the garage and my other car was nowhere near.

Got to go out today and get quotes and see if i can claim on house insurance because its not going to be cheap to replace :cry:

There will be plenty of damage to cars reported today :(

Clio 197

:(

Sorry to hear all t hat guys...

A few years back, a massive chunk of a tree landed on my dads merc, turning it into a coupe... gutted!

RB182cup&golf gti

Its crap aint it i went out and moved my car as well cos thought it was in the firing line and the wind nearly took the door off - i couldnt do jack to stop it and now it seems to clunk when it shuts, not sure whether its me being paranoid or what - not happy anyway

Yaris Hybrid

Ive found that the likes of Super Resin Polish can remove all sorts. I actually find that Meguiars Gold Class works best.

My car had grey paint on the door and no amount of washing or scratching with my nail would get it off. Twenty minutes of polishing with Gold Class got it off. You just have to be patient and use elbow grease. Its not stop rubbing in and rubbing off.

I clipped a mirror of a car once with my Vectras mirror and had a nasty scuff but it completely disappeared with 15 minutes of polishing with that Meguairs.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 08 January 2005

Ive found that the likes of Super Resin Polish can remove all sorts. I actually find that Meguiars Gold Class works best.

My car had grey paint on the door and no amount of washing or scratching with my nail would get it off. Twenty minutes of polishing with Gold Class got it off. You just have to be patient and use elbow grease. Its not stop rubbing in and rubbing off.

I clipped a mirror of a car once with my Vectras mirror and had a nasty scuff but it completely disappeared with 15 minutes of polishing with that Meguairs.

that meguiars gold class is what I use sometimes, actually in the garage now I have super resin, (dont use unless removing marks etc) Extra gloss auto glym (use all the time), Zymol cleaner wax, (smells nice) and meguiars gold class.

But the gold class is a wax aint it, so would have thought the super resin would be better for removing marks??