ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gt Anyone? Ideas?

Clio gt 2009/10
Hi, so I have a clio GT 2009. Anyone else got one of these on here?
I wanna do some things, any ideas?

Clio gt 2009/10
Oh really?

Umm yh I guess, I wanna get a exhaust system and some new alloys but they both come with a price.

Have some ideas of what is out there but don't really no the benefits and that or anyone else that has done it with this car. :/

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
We need a sticky of "things to do to a Clio" as this is asked way too much!
Cosmetics: Silvervision indicator bulbs, HID's if you have projectors, Heko wind deflectors, lower on springs or coilovers.
Performance: Filter, exhaust, remap but not sure if this is the best route for a GT engine.

Clio gt 2009/10
I have plans to get some lowering springs this month or next. Hids, heko wind deflectors, k&n air filter already done.

Don't really know what performance mods would be good for this car, would it be worth it? Would I get much gain? Something il have to look into I suppose :)

GT 128 VVT
i have a 2010 GT and ive done exactly the same things as you (HID, Team Heko Wind Deflectors and k&n air induction kit) mines 1.6 so at the moment with the weather been icy im happy with the speed! haha

Clio gt 2009/10
Yh I'm quite happy with the speed, often put some boy racers to shame aha. They must think coz I'm a girl I'm not gonna have a heavy right foot... To right. Won't try tho if I no I have no chance. I know it's not the biggest engine in the world but does me good. Thinking about lowering it, coz of that massive gap. Have you done this to yours? :)

AG 200 CUP
I had one for two years not much performance to be had out the engine with it being a 1.6 n/a I would lower it and enjoy it. Unless you have a diesel you can get more out of them I believe

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
twingo RS alloys
ClioGT.jpg

Clio gt 2009/10
I had one for two years not much performance to be had out the engine with it being a 1.6 n/a I would lower it and enjoy it. Unless you have a diesel you can get more out of them I believe

Yh didn't really look into the difference of diesel and petrol I just found the car and wanted it, first one that popped up near me.... I was having it!! Lowering is the next thing but just bed a bit of advice on how low to go.

AG 200 CUP
Totally up to you how low you want to go personally i was going to drop it around 45mm but never got round to actually doing it unfortunately.

Clio gt 2009/10
Totally up to you how low you want to go personally i was going to drop it around 45mm but never got round to actually doing it unfortunately.

You don't think that is too low... ?Looking at 30mm but you can't really notice difference from original.

Clio gt 2009/10
No I think 45 is just right 30 is just over an inch so you wont see much difference IMO like you say

Ok thanks, I can only find h&r at the mo. Was looking to get eibach but most are 30mm but I wouldn't get the full 30. I think I am going to go 45mm now anyway. Do you know what h&r are like?

have a look on my thread. i have lowered it, BMC panel filter, HID's, and team Heko's. I have some 17" alloys at home which will be refurbished in white looking from your picture i might get white wing mirrors will looks quite colour coded :) Got any pictures?

Clio gt 2009/10
Oh really, that's good (I think) yh I just want a bit more of a sound to mine. If any gains that would be a bonus. Haven't really looked into it yet tho.

Clio gt 2009/10
no idea tbh i was going to go for AP coilovers but there about £500 not cheap lol

Yh they are expensive. Have found some h&r springs 45mm for my car but both say "only for cars with front spring plate inner diameter top 100mm" ........ CLUELESS!! :/ I do not know what the gt are.

Clio gt 2009/10
have a look on my thread. i have lowered it, BMC panel filter, HID's, and team Heko's. I have some 17" alloys at home which will be refurbished in white looking from your picture i might get white wing mirrors will looks quite colour coded :smile: Got any pictures?[/QUOTE

Yh will do... I plan to get white wheels too Aha. Not recently with the white. I'll be sure to get some and post them on here soon. :)