ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT-R 35 Video

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
haha good one, there are loads of these going round!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Funny. Is the tranny actually made of cheese? I don't understand how the Veyron transmission has been reliable, but the GTR's seems incapable of handling the car?

I don't know the technical details or reasoning behind the GTR gearbox problems, but comparing it to a Veyron is hardy fair considering the Veyron costs about €1,000,000 more :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't know the technical details or reasoning behind the GTR gearbox problems, but comparing it to a Veyron is hardy fair considering the Veyron costs about €1,000,000 more :D
I agree, but just seems strange that DSG boxes have been around for a few years in various motors, and this is the only application where reliability has been shown as a problem. I would of thought the issues re reliability would of shown up in testing.

Yeah it is a bit shitty TBH. I'm guessing it has so much torque and traction, that the slug is just too much. Similar to many 4WD cars having cooked clutches if you attempt to get anywhere near the advertised 0-60. Nissan should have known better though, and specified it high enough to cope.

I don't know the technical history TBH. Is it something they are addressing on later cars? All I know about it is what I've read on the internizzle...not exactly facts.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Great video

Nissan are shite for doing this to its customers.Its been advertised as having this function to launch but dont f**king use it.

Kind of like,heres a hooker for the night in your bed.But dont you dare touch her.