ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide for a starter button?

225 powered mk2
Was there ever a guide made to turn the horn button on the stalk into the starter button? Interested in doing it to mine.

Cheers.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I can see why you would want this for the novelty factor, but I'm pretty sure you still need the key in the ignition. And if you need the key in the ignition, you might as well just turn it.

225 powered mk2
Just somthing to do Really. Yea the key would still have to go in the ignition, Just about 'trick mods'. All in the name of fun and messing about.

Just somthing to do Really. Yea the key would still have to go in the ignition, Just about 'trick mods'. All in the name of fun and messing about.
Not really a trick mod though. Seems a waste of time to me. I've had a car with one.

Don't the richbrook ones etc come with instructions ? Use those & re-wire it to the stalk.

PS 200
Much better trick mod would be to change the steering wheel so when you turn left it turns right and vice versa.

No fcuker could ever nick your car ;).

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Honestly he's asking for a guide, not your opinion on which car he should purchase next, whether he should cause a fatality by making his car turn in the opposite direction or your opinion on the 'coolness' of the modification.

First off if you don't understand basic wiring principles and electrics I would advise you NOT to do this.

On the ignition barrel you have 4 or 5 wires (4 I think) 3/4 of them are positives and one a ground, each stage you click the ignition grounds another positive thus first of all turning to ACC1, ACC2 and then finally engaging the starter motor.

You need to be in ACC1+ACC2 to even start the car so you would have to either turn ur key to the stage just before starting or have a switch to turn ur car to ACC2

Then it's a simple case of starter motor wire goes to ground and it attempts to start the car.

+ve *starter button* +ve > Relay Coil side > -ve
Starter Wire > Relay Latch side > Ignition Ground

Where i have put starter button you would just snip the wires for the horn and use that as your switch.

If you can't follow this guide then you aren't experienced enough to do the modification and I would sudgest getting a professional to do it or just not doing it at all.

PS 200
Honestly he's asking for a guide, not your opinion on which car he should purchase next, whether he should cause a fatality by making his car turn in the opposite direction or your opinion on the 'coolness' of the modification.
Fair enough.

But a forum full of Questions & Answers would be pretty dull ;).

I'm just giving him some ideas for when he gets bored with tooting his horn at the arse in front of him then having to re-start again :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Fair enough.

But a forum full of Questions & Answers would be pretty dull ;).

I'm just giving him some ideas for when he gets bored with tooting his horn at the arse in front of him then having to re-start again :)

HAH That would be funny! Or even better, he wires it incorrectly, he goes to honk his horn and it attempts to crank the engine whilst running and makes that horrible grinding noise. there we go new horn!