ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide for refitting original air box?

Clio 182 Trophy
As title really. Can someone point me to a guide for refitting the original air box. Have had a quick look through the guides section but no luck.

RB 182 FF
OK, the 182 is very simple really... If you have the correct parts to hand it's just 2 bolts that hold the airbox to the car, then the intake hose is held on by 2 jubilee clips, one on engine intake and one on the airbox end... Then there's 2 cold air feed hoses(corrugated material) that clip into the airbox, one is clipped to a plastic pipe for cold air down behind the passenger side headlight... These are the bits you should have...
IMG_20191224_174551.jpg

RB 182 FF
The brackets should be in place on the car with rubber grommets on, one where the front of the box will be and one at the back... If they're not there someone may have butchered them off... :unsure:

Clio 182 Trophy
Finally got the car back from storage & had a look at fitting the new air box. No brackets front or back that I can see unless I’m being thick (which is always a possibility!). Front could be cable tied up, but the back?
30D2AFBB-B77F-4DB6-A93D-5DADDF8DBD25.jpeg
5B8DEB62-8FA3-4D3C-9E28-E0AD772A3EA6.jpeg
844EE7E7-B9ED-4ECD-91B0-D54E252A9320.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Both brackets are missing. The front one would normally attach on the star bolt at front of ECU bracket and rear one is where you can see a bolt missing on the ECU bracket. There are two rubber grommets that go on the airbox too.