ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guide Needed - Fitting Spirngs to 182

Maz

LY 200
Please could someone who knows what they are talking about do this for me please ??

Monaco Blue Mk2
New springs?

rear (15min job)

stick head under car
undo 18mm bolts on bottom of rear shocks (1 per side)
jack up rear of car
pull springs out
put in new springs, seating correctly on the rubber bits
you will have to lower the car bit by bit until the springs locate ( a mate is useful here)
put bolts back in, job done (use jack to help you line shock holes up with rear subframe holes)

front

BEFORE you jack the car up loosen wheel bolts and the 2, 21mm top mount caps under the bonnet (soak them in WD40 the night before) don't remove them completley yet

jack up BOTH sides of the car (do this off the box section under the car, NOT ON THE SILL!) and put on axle stands

remove wheels

undo lower shock bolts (18mm)

when the shock is free, remove it by pushing the lower part towards the rear of the car (between the steering arm and the wishbone)

once off the car undo 17mm top nut (if its a 172/182, there's no need for compressors)

bang on new spring and reverse the above process for refitting.

Step one, hand over car and sum of money to man. step two go have a coffee, get your hair done or go shopping. Step three come back and pick up car.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Not very clear on the first bit there...when jacking for the rear, jack both sides up, makes it much easier.

Loony said:
Step one, hand over car and sum of money to man. step two go have a coffee, get your hair done or go shopping. Step three come back and pick up car.

LOL sounds like the best option :D

Maz

LY 200
Loony said:

You really think I am going to try this myself .. pmsl I am 8 & 1/2 stone I can't even change a tyre :eek:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the best bit is not tearing the cv boot with the bottom of the front shock, big bar needed.

Loony said:
b*****d, I was going to type something along those lines!

Maz said:
I am 8 & 1/2 stone
You're a porker!:eek:

Maz said:
You really think I am going to try this myself .. pmsl I am 8 & 1/2 stone I can't even change a tyre :eek:

Physical stature aside the mere fact you have a vagina and a pair of breasts means its beyond capability ;)

Maz

LY 200
Men are just so f**king perfect arn't they .. *shakes head* I enjoy having a vagina and breasts thank you I would rather have those than be able to fit a set of springs tbh

WTF is a porker ??

Anyway back on topic I asked a simple question pmsl managed 1 post before the smut started.. you guys always lower the tone .. ha ha ha

Maz said:
I enjoy having a vagina and breasts thank you.

Makes two of us, i'm quite partial to having the occasional set myself.

As for perfect not quite but most women struggle getting a stubborn lid off a jar so i wouldnt really trust them tightening something that holds the wheels onto my car ;)

Maz

LY 200
^^ typical bloke pmsl

Thanks Blue4ever for the on topic advice ;)

Mods - any chance the shight can be cleaned out of this thread and moved into the guide section ?? please :)

M2 Competition
Loony said:
As for perfect not quite but most women struggle getting a stubborn lid off a jar so i wouldnt really trust them tightening something that holds the wheels onto my car ;)

Absolutely pmsl at that! :D Lol!

Maz

LY 200
So when you have to push the wheels down to get the spring out and in that takes no strength .. I think your talking poop shorty ;) lol

ben_p said:
the best bit is not tearing the cv boot with the bottom of the front shock, big bar needed.
Thats not that difficult though but of pressure on the wishbone and your OK.