ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted!

1.4 16V Mk2 Ph2
I was on the verge of getting my 1st clio, id put the deposit down and insured it all i needed to do was to tax it and collect it. so i went to tax it at the post office with the insurance coversheet and the vic certificate because the garage said i wud be able to tax it with those, but wen i went they sed they needed the log book so they couldnt do it, however they sed we could go to the dvla and they wud be able to do. so my dad went to the dvla today and it turns out that the previous owner hasnt sent of the log book, so i would either hav to apply for the log book (which would take 5 to 6 weeks) or just forget it. so i thought that i could find a new car in 5 or 6 weeks so i thought forget it,
However there is a light at the end of the tunnel because when my dad rang up the garage and sed i wanted my money back they sed that because of all the trouble they would give me a newer clio for the same price as what i was going to pay for the old one. so im getting an 03 instead of a 52 and a dynamique billabong instead of just a dynamique

sorry its a bit of a rant

Formally Clio 182
Woo!! i Had a dynamique billabong in cyclone blue (to match the green interior).

Billabong seats stain easily though :(

1.4 16V Mk2 Ph2
yeah sorry. mines black, im not to sure if i like the seats or not, im sure il get used to it though

good for you! nice to see a garage sorting something out for once rather than sitting on theirs arses.

hope you enjoy the car!

Focus RS Mk1
id be checking the car out before i agreed to any deal, 6months newer doesnt mean better car surely?

1.4 16V Mk2 Ph2
i had a look at it wen i went to the garage the first time. i drove this one and the one that i was going to get. i chose the other one because of the interior of the billabong, but im getting it for £400 cheaper so im not to fussed about it now

1.4 16V Mk2 Ph2
there the same apart from the seats and mine say billabong on the side, on the dash inserts and on the door sills

320d
Same happened to me last August. Had a deposit down on a 51 plate dynamique, 30,000 miles was pretty mint £3000.

Got a phone call the day before I was suposed to get it and they said that the headgasket had gone and the cylinder head had cracked deeming it a write off to them, they said they couldnt afford to repair it and then sell it. They had took in in part ex, idiots.

So they said they had a 55plate clio extreme 4 coming in later in the week that I could have for an extra £500, it was a spec down fro the dynaique but it had aircon so i was happy.

So in the end I got a 22 month old car with FSH for £3500. Win tbh.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Shows how desperate garages are for cash, more so than sales... £400 more off the model now offered is alot on the value of the car. Most small car dealerships barely make that on a car and go for bulk of sale to generate profits - just shows their desperation. Can you strike up even more of a deal?