ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted

Willy2

Well what can i say im must be the unluckiest man alive, yesterday I went out in the willy to get some pizza, i took the long route as i love driving it, on a A road, doing 40mph approaching a side road, that is on my left, i see this old red Rover 214, thinking he has seen me i continue, but much to my surprise he pulls out, i hit the brakes car slides straight into him(wet road) and pushes him off the road, i was wearing my seatbelt, my specs come off on impact and the car comes to a stop. I get out the car, my legs are like jelly look at the front and its totally FCUKED, the headlight is imbedded in the engine bay, I go and check on the other drivers, hes about 75 years old and he says"What happened?" Ive only had the car three months and i am heartbroken:(, I think the only thing stopping from the engine landing on my lap was the strutbrace! Anyway i think that it is my time to leave the Clio era and get something sensible. Oh and my neck hurts like hell!

clio 20v

totally gutted for ya wot a b**ch

id have decked the stupid old c**t these people really shouldnt be on the road

adi

Mr2 Roadster

Sorry fella, glad to hear you are ok!

How much do you want for the back end of the car!

I want all the will bits if its scrapped! Thanks! Sorry to be so rude but first come first served as they say... ;)

Willy2

i dont think the insurance will let me buy it back, they didnt with the valver! but if they do you will be first in line!

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

OMG so sorry to hear that. Glad ur ok.

Another Williams off the road :( Getting rarer by the day.

Those old Rovers should b taken off the rd. Was a red R200 that bashed my new Clio up the rear at 3 weeks old :mad:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

So sorry to hear that mate.

Guy wouldnt have the slightest appreciation of the sort of car and the love behind it, that hes written off.

Hope ye get it sorted out somehow.

honda accord 2.4 type s

Remember "Where theres blame, theres a claim"

Sue the old b*****d, and think about how youd spend any compenastion

Also see my post about why i wont run my Williams in the winter. Old man plus bad light and wet road = Keep pride and joy garaged in winter

Quote: Originally posted by gaj16v on 18 November 2003

Remember "Where theres blame, theres a claim"

Sue the old b*****d, and think about how youd spend any compenastion
Damn right, Claims Direct :D

Thats a real sh*tter m8. :cry: Id take him for all you can get - after all, hes probably been pottering around in his own little world for the past X years so must be due a claim by now. I think the fact he said What happened? sums it up - he didnt even see you. Id demand he had an eye test with his current glasses. :mad:

At least youre okay anyway, even though that does diddly squat to help the car situation... Just dont go sensible on us! Get another one - and cage it to be sensible! ;)

Aww mate... thats so harsh! Like the other guys have said, make this old príck cough up for the suffering!!

RIP another Williams 1

:sick:

Willy2

thanks guys and gals it really helps to talk about it! Im still playing the what if game in my head.

lots

performance and no driver aids = recipe for disaster

RAJK - Sorry to hear the news mate, i feel for you

Gutted for ya mate - that was a sparkling example you had there, I really feel for ya, maybe hopefully fingers crossed the insurance may look on it kindly and resurect it - Ill keep hoping, anyway mate, at least you came out of it ok - just sit back and chill for a bit and try and distract yourself from doing the "what-if" thing.

2012 WRX Waggon

sue the old blind fooker!!!

the sooner they bring an eye sight and reflex test out for the over 60s the better!!!

my mate lost his wife to an 80 y/o in an auto who got confused and shot forward, and another mate lost his left leg in a bike accident similar to yours.

:mad:

Raj mate.......im gutted for you too !!! ABS might have helped ?? also make sure you buy the car......its your property & you have first refusal on the salvage !!!.........if they say you cant then tell em your gonna get a solicitor on the case as its your right to keep the car !! (im sure it is any leagal eagles in here?)

Raj! Your car was looking great when i saw it at Bluewater..the front view being my favourite!

Its a shame, you cant think for other people, and there are so many bad drivers out there its a wonder why people risk buying such expensive cars.

But dont let go of the dream fella, its good to spoil yourself once in a while, get the Willy back looking ship shape!

Glad youre safe and sound.

-Rob

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Raj,

Gutted for you mate. I saw your car down at Paul Mitchells just before you got it back after the steering saga and it was a lovely example.

Glad u r Ok.

James

You are entitled to first refusal on the salvage, insurance people are reluctant to release it as they are trying to danagerous cars from being rebuilt, so rather than attempting to assess each case and having to pay out for the priviledge its easier to just palm it off to a scrap dealer.

Secondly, Id go and see your doctor about your neck, and get a solicitor on the case, may be worth a few quid.

Thirdly, I think Im correct in saying old people are only required to get a letter from their doctor to say they are fit to drive inorder to have their license renew at 70 yrs old. This may be a yearly thing but Im not sure.

raj mate, gutted for you. your car was a beaut! thats really harsh after you had to wait so long with that steering rack thing too. Sorry mate, dunno what else to say.