ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R coilovers overkill?

MKV GTI
Hi peeps,

After much debate as to which coilovers to go for i think i might treat myself to some H&R's. Im just after some views on this setup from peple who have or had these coilovers on their rs'.

What are they like day to day, not too crashy and hard etc obviously i know fitting coilovers will make the car a lot less forgiving on potholed b-roads but just after some advice really, i wont be using the car on track so am i going overkill by spending the best part of £900 on coilovers, because of this would i not be best sticking with buying some ktec coilovers as they are just for road use and a £500(ish) saving i know you pay for what you get, just worried id regret skimping on a coilover setup!?

Anybody have any views

Ps, i will also be purchasing the ktec solid top mounts and would like to purchase a whiteline or similar RARB IF if i can get hold of one would this with the coilover setup be too harsh for the road as in will it make the car so stiff it will be undrivable on anything other than smooth tarmac?

Thanks

Anthony.

I've had them twice now, once on my old 172 and once on the 182. Ride better than stock IMO well worth the money proper bit of kit.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Brilliant, in a word. Although I wouldn't bother with the solid top mounts personally. The only coilovers I'd rather have would be KW V2's, but they are £100-200 more. I ran the V2's with the RARB, and it's awesome.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Brilliant, in a word. Although I wouldn't bother with the solid top mounts personally. The only coilovers I'd rather have would be KW V2's, but they are £100-200 more. I ran the V2's with the RARB, and it's awesome.

My AST top mounts transformed my turn in and the general 'feel', would never use standard again.

Dodgy one
I think they're too soft from the factory personally, They're uber comfy though and much an improvement over stock.

If its non cup i'd get teh V2s

MKV GTI
Thanks for the replies guys!

I have a cup so unfortunatly can't have the kw's without doing some machining. I am also after some advice on the best place to buy the H&R's I have seen them on yozzazport and they are the cheapest I have seen at just over £900 but I know it is near impossible to place a successfull order through them, so is there anywere else bearing in mind I need the 60mm spacing as I have a cup.

Also how much should I expect to pay for fitting and full setup including four wheel laser alignment and will I need the camber correction bolts as suggested in the yozza website?

So many questions lol!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
I think Brain off here has a 2nd hand set he might sell, drop him a PM, his haven't done too many miles IIRC.

MKV GTI
I think Brain off here has a 2nd hand set he might sell, drop him a PM, his haven't done too many miles IIRC.

Id be really intrested in those if he was to sell, is that his full username so i can search for him, and what makes you think he wants to sell them mate!?

200 FF Storm Grey
Thanks for the replies guys!

I have a cup so unfortunatly can't have the kw's without doing some machining. I am also after some advice on the best place to buy the H&R's I have seen them on yozzazport and they are the cheapest I have seen at just over £900 but I know it is near impossible to place a successfull order through them, so is there anywere else bearing in mind I need the 60mm spacing as I have a cup.

Also how much should I expect to pay for fitting and full setup including four wheel laser alignment and will I need the camber correction bolts as suggested in the yozza website?

So many questions lol!

I don't know what is with them guys, they obviously have an ace potential customer base, well respected on here, but yet navigating their site is an absolute night mare, they just don't seem that fussed about selling their selves.

Would make a mint if they had somebody dedicated to sales & advertising

500 Twinair
I run H&R's at the moment and love them so much. The ride is competely transformed from standard.
They are comfy with a lowered feel, but on bad roads, they can be a bit of a handful.
I have purchased some Ktec top mounts, just waiting to fit them.
As for where to purchase from, I was lucky and bought from Ktec, their last one in stock.
Ring round, Ktec, Kam racing, Jam sport, and see what they can do, I don know the prices have gone up, over a grand now, did wonder
about the price on yozza's site.

MKV GTI
cheers timmyd!

I will give them all a ring and see what they can do for me, they do seem cheap on yozzas site though!

When you say they are a handfull how do you mean, crashy!?

500 Twinair
cheers timmyd!

I will give them all a ring and see what they can do for me, they do seem cheap on yozzas site though!

When you say they are a handfull how do you mean, crashy!?

Depends on the speed you take and how bad the road surface,crashy is probably not the best word, but on general A,B roads and motorways they are great.
Good luck in getting in contact with yozza.

MKV GTI
Well my mind is made up im going to go for a set of H&R's.

Fred, im one step ahead mate im the one thats pestering you for a yozza system atm lol, and we had a discussion about the H&R's. I shall give you a bell again tomorrow hopefully you can sort me out with some of these, you would make me a very very happy man, beer tokens will be provided of course! ;)

Lionel Richie
i need to call germany mate, to be honest tuesday is going to be the day to call, tomorrow i'm ram-a-jammed

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
Id be really intrested in those if he was to sell, is that his full username so i can search for him, and what makes you think he wants to sell them mate!?

that is his username.

they were taken off his 172 before he got his 200. they are sitting in his garage and will sell them for a reasonable price.

MKV GTI
that is his username.

they were taken off his 172 before he got his 200. they are sitting in his garage and will sell them for a reasonable price.

Thanks but unfortunately i have a cup so need the 60mm spacing unless i was to change the hubs (which im not prepared to do) they wouldnt be much use to me, never mind.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are ace, i've had three sets in all, 172 Cup 182 Cupped and 197! Loved em!