ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R fitting help, rear springs

R27 - 77/500
which way does the spring adjuster go in the spring. and does it sit on the bottom (swing arm side) oh and where do the thin black washer bits come into play.

Ta

182 CUP
Dan,

Fitted a complet H R Kit myself yesterday front and back, and only took 2 hours.

The black adjusters go onto the arms (you may have to open the hole very slightly for it to slide in) with the allen key facing down.

The black washer goes between the spring and the black adjuster, so it can slide easlil when you turn the allen key to adjust the height.

R27 - 77/500
so have i done it right??
17022007007.gif

my first attempt had the spring platesitting on arm rather than on the nut but i couldnt work out how it could be adjusted, so tried again and got this config at the mo.

on to the fronts

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
thats right, keep it wound down as the rear doesn't drop much ;)

tbh they seem to be over complex compared to other rear adjusters

182 CUP
Just as it should be, but as GT Gaz said, wind it down to the minimum as it drops down only a small amount

You should turn the spring round so that the end of the spring is rearmost (90 degrees on this one), then the plastic washer will not catch the spring when you adjust (use a litlle wd 40 as well).

R27 - 77/500
thanks lads, got the fronts done as well, just put them on the setting they came at, prob bit too low as its catching a bit of the arch liner.

do u ppl still get the knocking noise with coilovers? im sure i got a click turning the wheel.

i know its a pain but where do u lads have the indent on the camber bolts? currently got mine set so the indent is at 9 0 clock lookin face on at the bolt. the wheels seem fairly upright.

ive jsut reuse the top mount bits off old suspension u lot recommend renewing these? how much are they?