ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R Springs - Amazon

Clio RS200 Cup
Been toying with fitting some H&R 29103-2 to my 200 for a while. Got given some Amazon vouchers and somehow found that they stock them. I'm fairly sure, even without the vouchers, £150 is the cheapest around so wanted to give a heads up.

I know it's been covered before, but could someone confirm these are the right springs and those who have had them fitted, how much of a difference did they make, ride, handling ect?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0068NTM0M/?tag=cliospnet01-21

GTD, Lupo
Do you plan on fitting them yourself? If not getting it fitted at a garage could be very costly.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Fitting yourself is doable. But I'd not want to do it without help or a ramp. The front dampers are a complete bellend to get in and out of the hub

@imprezaworks some people remove the subframe to get the clearance to get the dampers out of the hubs. And the bolts retaining the dampers into the hub are a b**ch to remove as they're a very good fit in the holes so bind very easily. Air gun required

GTD, Lupo
How come? Pain to do on a 200?

As knuckles said the retainer is a nightmare and on top of that the damper is far too big to get out without massively compressing the front springs. You will need to modify Spring compressors using sockets so they don't extend into the arch. The other option you have is to drop the subframe but this carries other risks. Having done it twice after larkspeed sent the wrong springs I would say I can now do it in a realistic 2-3 hours, just add 1-2 more hours for a first time.

Clio 197
It's a shame you're quite far away from AMD tuning. They had a great offer to supply and fit H&R springs, along with a wheel alignment for £300.