ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R's with AST Topmouts

340i
It would be worth a trip to a decent garage with laser tracking equipment.. you can then properly set the camber (Although it wont be far out) I spent a good hour setting the camber ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have the AST mounts on my H&R's coilovers.

They are amazing :), mine are just set so the 3 allen keys are facing each other from each mount, think thats Maximum negative camber! :)
Might me able to see in the picture

IMG_3182-1.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh also i have a guide on how to fit them, so i will sort that out at some point soon, Its really easy to do though :)

Mini Clubman
I have them fitted just want to tweek them. can you point me in the direction of the guide?

also any chance of a close up photo please mate?

They are amazing :), mine are just set so the 3 allen keys are facing each other from each mount, think thats Maximum negative camber! :)

IMG_3186.jpg

Really like this car, and I'm not normally one for gay coloured mirror housings.

TrackCar & F30 330d
To adjust them you need to undo the 3 allen keys and twist the mount, one way will add camber the other take it off.
I'll have a look and see if i have a closer pic as i dont have the guide all set yet.

Mini Clubman
ok dude, mine does not look like urs at the min. i am gonna set it up same as urs if you could get me a closer pic? where ur middle nut is in line my last ones (nearest your window screen) are in line on me car so mine need twisting. I assume i do it with the car off the ground?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Think this is the best picture i have, you can see the row of parts are the bits on top on the car and the other part is the bit on the coilovers and under the car. If that makes sence
IMG_3166.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
You will need to take it to a garage once fitted mate, to get it alligned correctly etc. To make sure it's spot on.

Yes the race team i work for has all the gear. Flat floor, Digital camber gauges, tracking gauges. so i'l be setting mine up.

You can have all the best gear but its pointless unless its set up perfectly (IMO ;))

Mini Clubman
Think this is the best picture i have, you can see the row of parts are the bits on top on the car and the other part is the bit on the coilovers and under the car. If that makes sence
IMG_3166.jpg

would u recommend that i set up like yours then get them alligned at the garage

E39 M5 & Corsa track

IMG_3182-1.jpg

to get max neg camber you want the three capheads facing away from each other.

TrackCar & F30 330d
to get max neg camber you want the three capheads facing away from each other.

Really? Oh, i thought it was actually the other way round, As Foxy's track car has them facing like mine, So i assumed he would be running beastly negative camber.

So does any body know what's the Max camber the AST mounts can run? -4.5?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
depends what suspension your running for the max camber, i used my top mounts to set the castor and the adjustment on the coilover to set the camber.

if you look at how the top mount works you'll see that putting the cap heads towards the outside will move the top of the strut to the center of the car, hence applying more camber.

TrackCar & F30 330d
depends what suspension your running for the max camber, i used my top mounts to set the castor and the adjustment on the coilover to set the camber.

if you look at how the top mount works you'll see that putting the cap heads towards the outside will move the top of the strut to the center of the car, hence applying more camber.

Arrr yes of course. Its a million times easyer to adjust the camber with the top mount isnt it. So where do you have yours set for the caster?

Infact why do you have caster?

182 ff with cup pack's
Where can I get a set of these ast mounts from and how do they differ from the k-tec ones all so do I need to use camber bolts with these?