ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HAD A CRASH THIS MORNING!

If someone goes into the back of you is it automatically their fault?

I was driving to work this morning and stopped behind a car and a lorry went into the back of me and i cant open my boot and its got a bit dent in, well basically all over the boot.

Does that driver has to claim liability, or is the driver automatically in the wrong because they went into the rear of me?

Also around 30mins after the crash ive started to feel some discomfort on my neck and wrists, shud i claim for whiplash?

Thanks very much.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Re: HAS A CRASH THIS MORNING!

Jsut be careful...you lie and get found out/ Doctors report etc you'll get bend over and pumped! Esp if it's a lorry with a fleet policy!

Turbos.

Just phone up your insurer and give them his details, they'll do the rest.

Go to the doctor's for an assessment too, and mention the pain to your insurers and that you will get it checked.

Bare in mind that a huge claim despite fault affects YOUR policy for 5 years.

Jsut be careful...you lie and get found out/ Doctors report etc you'll get bend over and pumped! Esp if it's a lorry with a fleet policy!

Why have i got to be careful if its a fleet policy?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

If you're in genuine pain, you need to see GP/hosp today, otherwise a claim becomes difficult. It's his fault if he went into you.

Titanium 182

if I was you I'd leave work and get to the doctors for it checking out asap. That way if you do need to claim on it then you have solid proof.

Audi S1

If you dont go to the doc the da it happened or the day after... ild be a lil suspcious of you if it was me being the investigator... go for a check tell insurance company... was there any witnesses?

172 ff for sale

claim for everything.. if it was other way round they would be shafting you and be claiming for everything..

williams 2 turbo

it is there fault, but go to the hostpital TODAY, or you will buggered, if you put in a claim for whip lash. and leave it a couple of day before you seek treatment. also if possible, take any pics you can, of car and any marks on you, if any from the seat belts, as the third parties insurance, will put it on you to prove you were injured.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.

I've claimed whiplash before. You are required to attend a hospital asap or you cannot claim. This goes on record. thus if no record of you is found attending hosp. you can't claim. Yes if someone goes into the back of you its considered their fault automatically, the reason for this is the "domino" effect. Imagine a big long line of traffic in a queue. One car hits the back of the next, then the next etc, etc, etc, They would therefore all claim of each others insurance. The only person that would benefit is the front vehicle.

In 2005 i bought a audi a3 fro 4600. I was with tesco insurance, they handled it brilliantly, courtesy car for 2 weeks, 5 days later my excess was paid back (£700) then a cheque for £5000! came for the car, then a month later £2200 in whiplash!

Nearly £8000 for a car worth just over half that!

I'd say go for it.

PH1 172 Sport

It will affect your insurance anyway so claim for everything you can. Just go to the doctors before the day is out.

tbh. people claiming for everything they can, despite being okay, is one of the reasons the U.K is a cunted up country.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

You don't need to get a check-up that day, know this as a fact from experience.

Also a non fault claim should not affect your policy, it doesnt reflect your driving. If it does kick off about it.

ty guys

what if the lorry driver disputes it as it may affect his job?

will it thn go 50/50? or will it be his fault?

320d

It will affect your insurance anyway so claim for everything you can. Just go to the doctors before the day is out.

+1 i did that. I'm still paying for it now though, well actually i'm not because direct line don't charge you extra for non faults which seems reasonable to me,

I've got two non faults from a scooter, if any insurance company charged me extra i'd be tempted not to declare them, if they don't let you use motorcycle ncb then why should you declare motorcycle crashes?

Direct line let me use a scooter NCB so i declared the crashes.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Da

Less

tbh. people claiming for everything they can, despite being okay, is one of the reasons the U.K is a c**ted up country.

Second that.

Only claim if your claim is genuine.

We all end up paying for fraudulent claims just the same as we do uninsured drivers.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If someone crashes from behind they either werent payin attention or they didnt leave enough breaking distance. either way their fault.
and yes. Claim for pain!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

ty guys

what if the lorry driver disputes it as it may affect his job?

will it thn go 50/50? or will it be his fault?

if he disputes it, he will have to try and prove that you were in the wrong,
very little to prove really, because he should have left enough distance infront of him for you to stop,

i seriously doubt his insurance company will bother tryin to dispute it, it sounds like a open shut case tbh, go to the doctor and get the pain checked out, the chances are theyll award compensation, its not hard to believe a f**kin lorry up the arse is going to give you a proper neck ache.

did you collect any witnesses to the accident??

everything goes on evidence,
so gather all that you can, take lots of pics,

S4 Avant
I had an old bloke in a volvo crash into me, 4 months after I passed my test. The bloke stopped in the middle of the road, so I stopped behind him, he put the car into reverse, and went straight back into the front of me. Nearly wrote off my little fiesta, but didnt even scratch his back bumper.

Moral of the story, the lorry driver could quite easily kick up a fuss if he chose to, and say that you reversed into him. Photos of skid marks and other photos from the crash would be needed to disprove him, but could get quite long winded and messy.

Hope it all goes well for you though regardless, its horrible when you suffer from some one elses c**k up.

(you'll also get a lovely "no fault claim" on your insurance record, which insurance companies love, as they can bump your premium up as much as they like)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
non fault claims do affect ins - sad but true! was hit up the back side in the lotus!! full pay out! the ins company i was with put up the price by double! and wouldnt tell me why! idiots!!!!

PH1 172 Sport

Second that.

Only claim if your claim is genuine.

We all end up paying for fraudulent claims just the same as we do uninsured drivers.

All though i totally agree with you the thing is 90% of everybody else in the country claims for everything they can so I don't see the point of losing out on a claim because you think its going to put everyone else's insurance up.

Somebody went into the back of my mums car when I was a passenger and she went to the doctors for whiplash and I didn't because I wasn't in much pain. She got £2000 and that was 8 years ago. Looking back I wish i had gone as that money could have been put towards my first car but there we go.